Sunday May 18
12.30 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Castleford Tigers
2.45 - Huddersfield Giants v Bradford Bulls
5.00 - Warrington Wolves v St Helens

no surprises there then
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2014, 03:34:05 pm
I was just telling Shaun in a PM, if anyone is interested tickets are around £20 a day and if you go for the whole weekend you can say that you have seen every team in SL, including some good local derbies and top notch matches.

If you get bored or need to stretch your legs there is a festival village outside the Etihad and you can walk around the stalls and take part in Competitions etc.

It's a bit like the Championship finals, fans come from all over to watch some good rugby football and sit in an excellent stadium and have a festival of a day.

I'm thinking of going for the whole weekend this year because although Sunday is my day, Saturday looks like it has some of the best matches too. you can't beat the Hull derby or Wigan v Leeds, just don't get caught up with the jubilant Hull fans afterwards LOL.

beermatt42

Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2014, 04:28:51 pm
It will be interesting to see what happens to the Magic Weekend once this new league format has been ratified some time this week.

I've got a feeling it could be used during the second half of the season, during the league of eight thing, let's just look at an example for the all important middle group, this group will be used to determine Promotion and relegation, so for example lets suppose it is made up of:

Batley Bulldogs
Bradford Bulls
Featherstone Rovers
Hull KR
London Bronco's
Sheffield Eagles
Widnes Vikings
Whitehaven

So, under proposals hinted at last week, this mini league is meant to play each other only once each, making a total of seven games each in total.  So the way I look at it, the only way this could be made fair to everyone is if three matches are played at home, three away and the spare game would have to be played at a neutral venue, such as the Magic weekend.

Otherwise, teams that just missed out on promotion could complain that other teams got four home games, while they had to play four away games and missed out on promotion because of this.

There is also issues about whether the home and away games will be organised in a way that's fair to everyone, and they are not biased towards any one club in particular.

This is only my idea's and the RFL is yet to explain it all properly, but I do think this new formula is flawed when you think it through properly.

beermatt42

Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2014, 05:23:38 pm
While we are on the subject of promotion and relegation, look at this article I found today, it's got even more confusing now  :D

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_14072-the-million-pound-match-to-decide-final-super-league-spot-from-2015.html

What do you make to that????     Looks like two clubs will be promoted and relegated, one being the grand final winner, and one being the winner of the million pound match, which is hopefully biased towards the Championship teams, so at least one of them is promoted.

It will just encourage everyone to do a Leeds, and aim for fifth spot if you ask me  :D :D