HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Premier Sports

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 24 Jan 2014, 05:59:26 pm
I thought that Premier sports did an excellent job with the world cup and I think that SKY/Super leagues decision to move a game to Thursday is a very unsubtle attempt to eliminate another broadcaster but unless Premier Sports is going to show a Championship game on a regular basis I don't see the value in keeping my subscription. Perhaps they could show a Sunday match with a time delay at, say 6.00? This would not stop many fans attending their own team but would maintain a championship presence on the screen. Has anyone any more information about their plans?

Offline paulrl66

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2014, 06:18:56 pm
I have been on to them, they have got the rights to show 2 games a week. The games will be shown on Monday and Tuesday evenings. They are just finalising games and details should be on their website in the next few days.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2014, 07:43:47 pm
I wonder what will happen with TV after the restructure?

Offline Bearintown

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2014, 08:25:55 pm
Like the thought of watching the two games , but double the chance of evening away games for the Cumbrian teams isnt so good.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2014, 06:49:41 pm
Monday /Tuesday night's this year
THE MULLET IS BACK

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2014, 07:52:48 pm
Like the thought of watching the two games , but double the chance of evening away games for the Cumbrian teams isnt so good.
To be fair marra its the same for clubs travelling up here ideally they,ll show a haven-town , haven-barrow and town-barrow game live be easier for all of us

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2014, 08:14:27 pm

They got the rights to show Championship games for nothing and contribute very little (around 5-600 quid a year) to any of the clubs whilst flogging 9.99 a month subscriptions.

Can't see their coverage continuing on those terms post restructure.

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2014, 08:14:38 pm
from our point of view its a good thing, you will play Monday or Tuesday instead of the previous sunday, meaning no 3 day turn arounds as you wont play again till the following sunday
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2014, 08:23:34 pm
Has this been decided with the fixtures already done
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2014, 08:25:40 pm
Could mean if they go for haven v town at Easter it may be played Easter Monday night rather then good Friday
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline paulrl66

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2014, 03:57:12 pm
They are still working on the games they are showing so it looks like a lot of fixtures will now change for tv.