HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

York v Haven 16.03.14 - Your thoughts/comments

Offline town24

• Academy Star
  • bluewhitearmy!
Reply #30 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:12:22 pm
No one gonna mention how well york played with 15 men?

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:13:40 pm
No one gonna mention how well york played with 15 men?

No believe it or not haven jst plain rubbish,
Up The Haven

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #32 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:15:25 pm
If we beat fax next week you'll all love woods again. It's sport you don't have any given right to win games. All these away games in a row must be hard to take so as from next week at home a win is the only answer.  Then start to judge woods I say.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #33 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:18:06 pm
Hear hear. It's way too early to judge. Just get behind the lads!!!!

Online noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #34 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:27:06 pm
After listening to the game on York Radio ( radio Cumbria is crap ) it appears that Lee Doran was the culprit that cost us the game. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:28:03 pm
I can accept getting beat away in the cup,but to concede 34 points against a Div2 side shows a lack of effort and pride in the shirt in my book.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:29:08 pm
Can't blame the coach last week proved coach is doing right things. we were 16-0 up and cruising,sorry this one is down to the players and attitude simple as that.

And nothing to do with bringing on Robinson...  May as well of brought on Ann Robinson.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:31:02 pm
Agree I'm no woods fan,but last week showed he can prepare a team and get them up for  what most thought was certain defeat.Again today @ 16-nil it looked the same.But it's about attitude and that why we were beat today.
Those who think mcormick is going to startvtravelling again get real.
I'll be there next week for our first home game in nearly 2months and we wil see a much improved haven
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline The Jackal

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 16 Mar 2014, 05:59:50 pm
It isn't just this season it's the end of last season. Last weeks swallow does not make a summer.
I'm sorry but even Don did better than Woods has.
If he doesn't have the ability to motivate the team then he should be sacked. You can blame the players but it is the coaches job to make sure they have the right motivation and attitude on the field. He clearly hasn't got that capacity so it's time to go.
Am I the first to mention Charlo? His town teams always had the motivation and nobody can argue with his record with Town. Plus he isn't scared to play the local lads and let them shine.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 16 Mar 2014, 06:03:13 pm
It isn't just this season it's the end of last season. Last weeks swallow does not make a summer.
I'm sorry but even Don did better than Woods has.
If he doesn't have the ability to motivate the team then he should be sacked. You can blame the players but it is the coaches job to make sure they have the right motivation and attitude on the field. He clearly hasn't got that capacity so it's time to go.
Am I the first to mention Charlo? His town teams always had the motivation and nobody can argue with his record with Town. Plus he isn't scared to play the local lads and let them shine.

Charlo is a no no for me,
Up The Haven

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 16 Mar 2014, 06:04:48 pm
Agree I'm no woods fan,but last week showed he can prepare a team and get them up for  what most thought was certain defeat.Again today @ 16-nil it looked the same.But it's about attitude and that why we were beat today.
I'll be there next week for our first home game in nearly 2months and we wil see a much improved haven

steve would travel again fact!

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 16 Mar 2014, 06:06:16 pm
Charlton is not the answer!!!

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 16 Mar 2014, 06:08:41 pm

Again if the players are to blame for defeat then surely they are responsible for playing well and beating Dewsbury. we were down at half time after being 16-0 up. Surely the coach should of changed things

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #43 on: 16 Mar 2014, 06:11:25 pm
Has anyone heard Coach Wood's after match comments? Did he have an explanation?

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 16 Mar 2014, 06:11:54 pm
us signing robinson should of never happened, he should not of been in the squad today, crellin should of played 80 mins at 13, and this is why my confidence in woods as gone
Up The Haven