HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Donny going, going........

Keith · 23 · 1936

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:08:22 pm
Apparently Donny held a meeting with their players at 5pm today and released them all from their contracts.    The club has gone into administration and will be deducted 6 points by the RFL.   They will limp along for the rest of the season using under 21 and amateur players.   If no-one comes along to rescue them then they will go ito liquidation at the end of the season.    Already Tandy has signed for HKR, Holroyd has gone to Leigh and Penny is believed to have signed for Widnes.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:11:30 pm
Do you have a source for this? Only this thread might be shut down as it may be viewed as 'libelious'. ::)

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest. How Doncaster were ever going to survive full-time on their gates is beyond me.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:13:24 pm
It is on the Fev and Batley forums posted by guest from down under, who I believe is connected with either the Batley or Rams club.

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:14:47 pm
It is on the Fev and Batley forums posted by guest from down under, who I believe is connected with either the Batley or Rams club.
I wasn't being serious Keith, just making reference to the Warrington thread that was closed down. ;)

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:16:30 pm
I never saw the offending thread and didn't know what it was about.    I wondered what all the fuss was about with another thread on here.

Oh, Happy Birthday for tomorrow Kellsender
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2007, 11:19:19 pm by Keith »

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:48:52 pm
I never saw the offending thread and didn't know what it was about.    I wondered what all the fuss was about with another thread on here.

Oh, Happy Birthday for tomorrow Kellsender
Cheers pal!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 01 May 2007, 08:43:10 am
how can penny sign for widnes , he is a quota player and they have moran
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 01 May 2007, 09:33:45 am
How can Widnes sign anyone with there supposed money problems, apart from penny being a quota player.

Offline Jay

• Academy Signing
    • Last Tackle
Reply #8 on: 01 May 2007, 03:41:50 pm
Widnes have got plenty of money. One of the directors has just sold his business for upwards of ?30m, and is happy to invest in the club. I believe he's looking at buying SV's shares too. And Widnes have just signed Lima too, which re-iterates this.

As much as we'd like Penny, Moran is our quota player unfortunately. Although does the 5 year residency rule not count any more? Moran has surely been here for more than 5 years now (London, Wigan, Widnes)?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 01 May 2007, 03:50:36 pm
Widnes have got plenty of money. One of the directors has just sold his business for upwards of ?30m, and is happy to invest in the club. I believe he's looking at buying SV's shares too. And Widnes have just signed Lima too, which re-iterates this.

As much as we'd like Penny, Moran is our quota player unfortunately. Although does the 5 year residency rule not count any more? Moran has surely been here for more than 5 years now (London, Wigan, Widnes)?

person in question  jim quinn is a ex director from the old days and while he has sold a business, he has not said if he is putting any money in thats just fans speculation

150k put in to keep them from going to the wall and keep them running for the next 10 weeks

that sounds like money trouble to me
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 01 May 2007, 04:17:28 pm
Apparently Donny held a meeting with their players at 5pm today and released them all from their contracts.    The club has gone into administration and will be deducted 6 points by the RFL.   They will limp along for the rest of the season using under 21 and amateur players.   If no-one comes along to rescue them then they will go ito liquidation at the end of the season.    Already Tandy has signed for HKR, Holroyd has gone to Leigh and Penny is believed to have signed for Widnes.
nothing official on any of the teams sites yet tho not even donnys ???

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 01 May 2007, 05:01:44 pm
I spoke to a Haven official today who told me they has been onto Donny last night and today enquiring about players, so it seems there is some truth in it.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 01 May 2007, 05:16:02 pm
there isnt any players worth enquiring about at donny all there good players have gone (apparentley)
tandy
holroyd
penny

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 02 May 2007, 08:21:32 am
I  would certainly  have  Tandy  back.  His  2  spells  at  the  club  he did  OK  and  defo  do  a  job.

Mind  you  rumour is  he's  going  to HKR  but  I  don't  think  he'll  be  quite  good  enough  at that  level.

Offline haven god

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 02 May 2007, 03:05:08 pm
Joe Mbu
Ricky Sherriffe

They are worth looking at
Haven Till I Die