HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

recre suface

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 14 May 2007, 05:17:29 pm
what had been actually done i really couldnt tell the diffrence sum1 said it had been relayed

thats what we could do with real turf like the footie fields that make faster games its about time the recre got a new suface

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 14 May 2007, 05:31:29 pm
Been verti drained.  12 inch spikes forced into the ground to lift the divots then had 60 tonnes of compound raked in all over.  This will have a long term effect cutting down on the amount of cutting up and divots. It has also filled in around 90% of the holes that were there.  The pitch looks great at this time of year but it needed this work done badly.  As for re-laying that would be to expensive.  Take the pitch at Donny that cost 1million quid.

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 05:56:22 pm
i thought the pitch looked great all we need is a stand to match it  ;D

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 14 May 2007, 06:00:18 pm
think i didnt give u enough credit for the work ur doin for da club keep it up and yes we need a stand desperatly as yesterday showed

hope now after yesterdays performance the club and players deserve a massive crowd each game now starting sunda for fax  im so so proud

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 15 May 2007, 04:55:10 pm
champ, we have had our bowling green verti-drained 3 times in the last 7 years and it doesn't have much effect for very long!!!!!!   The only answer is to instal a proper drainage system.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!