HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Venue change V North wales Away 15th June!!

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
on: 15 May 2014, 12:39:17 pm
“@NWCrusadersRL: Crusaders will play two home fixtures against @swintonlion and @OfficialHavenRl at @CefnDruids's The Rock. Full reaction soon.

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 15 May 2014, 12:54:08 pm
Clubs should not be allowed to do this!
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 15 May 2014, 01:16:07 pm
“@NWCrusadersRL: Crusaders will play two home fixtures against @swintonlion and @OfficialHavenRl at @CefnDruids's The Rock. Full reaction soon.

our next away game after fev will have to take sat nav with us.   :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal

beermatt42

Reply #5 on: 15 May 2014, 03:28:08 pm
I'll try to Shaun, but it is looking a little more tricky.   I travel by train and I've noticed the nearest station is at ruabon (2.5 miles away) with Wrexham being 8.5 miles away.

I'm wondering if I can get a taxi or bus from Ruabon, I will have to check that.  Wrexham seems like a long journey by taxi, but can't be worse than that one from Wigan to Leigh eh?  ;)

Cefn Mawr seems a bit of an outpost though, never been there before but just looked at it on Google Earth, there doesn't seem to be much there and I might have a worse problem getting back from there  >:(

Do you suppose there would be a couple of spare seats on your bus?  Perhaps if you are driving that way we could get a lift back to Wrexham or Ruabon or even Runcorn if you travel via the Runcorn Bridge that is, we would be happy to throw in some petrol money but perhaps the bus will be full anyway  :(

So to sum it up, this is much trickier for us than the Racecourse Ground would have been, I reckon I could get to Cefn Mawr on time however, but getting back might be the stumbling block, getting a lift to the nearest town or Runcorn would be appreciated.

RSVP.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 15 May 2014, 03:46:06 pm
Looks a nice little ground.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 15 May 2014, 03:54:00 pm
I'll try to Shaun, but it is looking a little more tricky.   I travel by train and I've noticed the nearest station is at ruabon (2.5 miles away) with Wrexham being 8.5 miles away.

I'm wondering if I can get a taxi or bus from Ruabon, I will have to check that.  Wrexham seems like a long journey by taxi, but can't be worse than that one from Wigan to Leigh eh?  ;)

Cefn Mawr seems a bit of an outpost though, never been there before but just looked at it on Google Earth, there doesn't seem to be much there and I might have a worse problem getting back from there  >:(

Do you suppose there would be a couple of spare seats on your bus?  Perhaps if you are driving that way we could get a lift back to Wrexham or Ruabon or even Runcorn if you travel via the Runcorn Bridge that is, we would be happy to throw in some petrol money but perhaps the bus will be full anyway  :(

So to sum it up, this is much trickier for us than the Racecourse Ground would have been, I reckon I could get to Cefn Mawr on time however, but getting back might be the stumbling block, getting a lift to the nearest town or Runcorn would be appreciated.

RSVP.

im sure our driver could drop you near by on the way home marra.
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #8 on: 15 May 2014, 04:19:18 pm
Smashing.    ;)

If you are not travelling via the Runcorn bridge Shaun, then just being dropped off in Wrexham or Chester will do, it would probably be best for you to travel up to Chester and then take the M56 eastward to the M6 where it's plain sailing from there.  The Runcorn Bridge would slow you down probably because it will take you through a lot of towns to get back onto the M6.

The M56 does skirt by Runcorn, but I don't fancy being dropped off on the hard shoulder, so it looks like Chester or Wrexham would be my best option, we will throw a bit of petrol money in and I just hope there are a couple of spare seats.   I will sort it out nearer the time, does anyone know why the venue has been changed? What is going on at the Racecourse?  I must admit, the Cefn Mawr ground doesn't look up to much, one small stand and no bar by the looks of it (That's probably the club house next to the stand, could be wrong though).

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #9 on: 15 May 2014, 04:21:03 pm
Smashing.    ;)

If you are not travelling via the Runcorn bridge Shaun, then just being dropped off in Wrexham or Chester will do, it would probably be best for you to travel up to Chester and then take the M56 eastward to the M6 where it's plain sailing from there.  The Runcorn Bridge would slow you down probably because it will take you through a lot of towns to get back onto the M6.

The M56 does skirt by Runcorn, but I don't fancy being dropped off on the hard shoulder, so it looks like Chester or Wrexham would be my best option, we will throw a bit of petrol money in and I just hope there are a couple of spare seats.   I will sort it out nearer the time, does anyone know why the venue has been changed? What is going on at the Racecourse?  I must admit, the Cefn Mawr ground doesn't look up to much, one small stand and no bar by the looks of it (That's probably the club house next to the stand, could be wrong though).

leave it with me matt
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #10 on: 15 May 2014, 04:25:30 pm
Okeydoke.

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 15 May 2014, 06:29:50 pm
This is shocking . I've played there and its in the middle of nowhere. how on earth have they been allowed to do this? Its like Haven playing at the falcon club.  :'( looks like they've built a stand since my days but little else.

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 15 May 2014, 06:37:55 pm
and despite the talk on the cru webpage its not really on the outskirts of Wrexham , got to be at least 7-8 miles

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 15 May 2014, 06:41:35 pm
Shame I looked forward to going to the racecourse and the turf.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 15 May 2014, 06:55:48 pm
Shame I looked forward to going to the racecourse and the turf.
bad memories of the turf snakey