HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Venue change V North wales Away 15th June!!

beermatt42

Reply #15 on: 15 May 2014, 08:19:05 pm
Shame I looked forward to going to the racecourse and the turf.
bad memories of the turf snakey

Don't ask for a piece of the turf or they will tell you to sod off  :D

beermatt42

Reply #16 on: 15 May 2014, 08:32:07 pm
I've Just been explaining this to Doreen and it doesn't look like we can make it now because Doreen is disabled and is worried about not getting a seat and being stranded in the middle of Wales on a Sunday afternoon!

Pinocchio is right, this Cefn place is in the middle of nowhere, I once went to the nearby Pontcysyllte aquaduct, and all I could see was Welsh farmland, woods and rivers for miles around, I would have trouble getting buses and trains especially on a Sunday.

My Whitehaven curse strikes again, last year I had the money to get to the West Cumbrian derby and the wanderlust, nothing was going to stop me until I got the worst bout of Flu I have ever had at exactly the same time.

I'll look into the remaining fixtures and see what I can do, but it's not a good idea for disabled fans to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with no transport on a Sunday so we will have to jib this one.

We were really looking forward to it too, last time we met Shaun we had a whale of a time, even Doreen was just saying what a laugh we had at Leigh, but what do you have to do to meet your friends these days? 

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 15 May 2014, 08:38:01 pm
only get 150 supporters in  :D
bit of a joke really  :-[

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #18 on: 15 May 2014, 09:08:07 pm
And i have good interest for this trip even spanky wants to come to meet his old mate glastonbury and Clive Griffiths
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 15 May 2014, 09:19:57 pm

It's a 2,000 capacity according to the website

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 16 May 2014, 07:55:06 am
Anyone know why they have changed venues in the first place?

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 16 May 2014, 08:34:26 am
Crusaders had to change venue because there pitch is getting upgraded
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 16 May 2014, 08:36:51 am
Crusaders had to change venue because there pitch is getting upgraded

rochdale will be the same a football pitch.
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 16 May 2014, 08:49:41 am
So there would have been a possibility of this happening up here if havens new shares stadium with Whitehaven AFC had happened?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 16 May 2014, 08:52:06 am
So there would have been a possibility of this happening up here if havens new shares stadium with Whitehaven AFC had happened?
more than likely rochdale at home to halifax on sunday then 6 away games.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #25 on: 16 May 2014, 09:01:36 am
http://www.cefndruidsafc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PANORAMIC-THEROCK-01.jpg
it dosnt look a bad ground, hopefully we will be able to go behind the posts either half like we normally do.
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #26 on: 16 May 2014, 09:54:55 am
Why don't you just sit in that stand Shaun?  it's nice and central and holds about 500 according to the website.  Or do the home fans take precedence?

This is one of the reasons I am against it, Doreen is disabled and if she can't get a seat at the match it would be an ordeal for her.
I might still change my mind yet, and plead disability at the ground just to get a seat, I am always changing my mind.  Even today I am thinking of buying a last minute ticket for the Etihad despite saying I wouldn't bother this year, but the sun is shining now. :D

If I do change my mind about this Cefn Mawr place, I will let you know in good time, I will try to get a seat at the ground, even if it's only for Doreen and perhaps I could still get that lift into Wrexham or Chester, so I don't get stranded.
I think I can make it there on time, it's just getting back that's the problem, like I (and Pinocchio) said in a previous post, Cefn Mawr is in the middle of nowhere pal.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2014, 09:58:03 am by BeerMatt44 »

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 16 May 2014, 09:59:16 am
more than likely rochdale at home to halifax on sunday then 6 away games.
Can't be good for income that.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #28 on: 16 May 2014, 10:49:32 am
Why don't you just sit in that stand Shaun?  it's nice and central and holds about 500 according to the website.  Or do the home fans take precedence?

This is one of the reasons I am against it, Doreen is disabled and if she can't get a seat at the match it would be an ordeal for her.
I might still change my mind yet, and plead disability at the ground just to get a seat, I am always changing my mind.  Even today I am thinking of buying a last minute ticket for the Etihad despite saying I wouldn't bother this year, but the sun is shining now. :D

If I do change my mind about this Cefn Mawr place, I will let you know in good time, I will try to get a seat at the ground, even if it's only for Doreen and perhaps I could still get that lift into Wrexham or Chester, so I don't get stranded.
I think I can make it there on time, it's just getting back that's the problem, like I (and Pinocchio) said in a previous post, Cefn Mawr is in the middle of nowhere pal.
we like to change ends either side matt gives the players a boost.
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 16 May 2014, 12:33:25 pm
Which was pointed out to them but ignored on all the 'consultants' documents.