HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Carl Ablett

Guest · 48 · 1621

beermatt42

on: 31 May 2014, 10:22:41 am
What did he think he was doing?  Joel Monaghan had already scored a try, the ball was down, the crowd were cheering and Ablett decides to nearly knock him out by kicking him in the face, nothing less than a five match ban can suffice for this filthy animal.

As always, it's only when they are losing do Leeds show their true colours, not only did Joel Monaghan have to retire, but his brother Michael Monaghan and Anthony England both came off the pitch with black eyes.

It was good to see Warrington reaffirm themselves as the best team in SL last night, after a shaky start and much tinkering with the squad they have now put both St Helens and Leeds in their respective places, which is good.

I think they have found an able replacement to Lee Briers in Chris Bridge who has played a blinder this year, and Tony Smith doing the unthinkable and dropping Richie Myler has payed dividends, there's no time for posers in the tough game of rugby league.

It was good to see a resurgent Warrington and Huddersfield putting the old guard in their places once again and I couldn't help but laugh at the 3,000 odd Leeds fans travelling a long way home late last night, good riddance to them!

I watched Tony Smith after the game saying that it doesn't matter how you start the season, it's how you end it that's important and it really got my hairs standing up, I knew then and I know now that I can believe in this man and I know we are going back to Wembley and Old Trafford and we are going to win a trophy this Autumn, good on the Warrington Wolves  :tip:

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 31 May 2014, 11:14:35 am
What did he think he was doing?  Joel Monaghan had already scored a try, the ball was down, the crowd were cheering and Ablett decides to nearly knock him out by kicking him in the face, nothing less than a five match ban can suffice for this filthy animal.

As always, it's only when they are losing do Leeds show their true colours, not only did Joel Monaghan have to retire, but his brother Michael Monaghan and Anthony England both came off the pitch with black eyes.

It was good to see Warrington reaffirm themselves as the best team in SL last night, after a shaky start and much tinkering with the squad they have now put both St Helens and Leeds in their respective places, which is good.

I think they have found an able replacement to Lee Briers in Chris Bridge who has played a blinder this year, and Tony Smith doing the unthinkable and dropping Richie Myler has payed dividends, there's no time for posers in the tough game of rugby league.

It was good to see a resurgent Warrington and Huddersfield putting the old guard in their places once again and I couldn't help but laugh at the 3,000 odd Leeds fans travelling a long way home late last night, good riddance to them!

I watched Tony Smith after the game saying that it doesn't matter how you start the season, it's how you end it that's important and it really got my hairs standing up, I knew then and I know now that I can believe in this man and I know we are going back to Wembley and Old Trafford and we are going to win a trophy this Autumn, good on the Warrington Wolves  :tip:

England had a black eye at start of game! Ablett apologised right away,it seems to be coming a habit to try and kick the ball away when tries are been scored, needs clamped on, but never a 5 match ban.

Do you expect Ratchford to be banned for putting undue pressure on Abletts neck during a tackle?

HW
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 11:30:06 am by HavenWarrior »

Offline boldyno1

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 31 May 2014, 12:34:20 pm
Best team in super league.  ha ha good joke.

Its been very quiet on here Warrington wise while they had some bad results.

And no I don't follow any super league team before you ask.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 31 May 2014, 12:52:37 pm
if abletts is a 5 game ban, westwood should be 8 for his spear tackle last week he did the exact same as chris annakin and got a 3 game ban while annakin was handed a 5 game ban.

beermatt42

Reply #4 on: 31 May 2014, 01:14:17 pm
Benny Westwood is a much maligned and much misunderstand person that's all, having met the man both me and Doreen can attest that he is as gentle as a lamb and wouldn't harm a fly, I don't know how he gets this reputation, probably a lot of people are just jealous that's all.

Whoever Westwood tackled landed flat, so not really a spear tackle, unlike the one on Roy Asotasi, who actually was tipped right upside down but this is what happens when you are the best team in Super League, lesser teams have to resort to dirty tactics and still can't beat ya!

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 31 May 2014, 01:17:01 pm
Westwood is as dirty as they come on the pitch, does not matter on iota what he is like off the pitch. that said most teams have an enforcer and he is good at that role, unlike the likes of Bailey who is just an utter coward.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 31 May 2014, 01:36:49 pm
Benny Westwood is a much maligned and much misunderstand person that's all, having met the man both me and Doreen can attest that he is as gentle as a lamb and wouldn't harm a fly, I don't know how he gets this reputation, probably a lot of people are just jealous that's all.

Whoever Westwood tackled landed flat, so not really a spear tackle, unlike the one on Roy Asotasi, who actually was tipped right upside down but this is what happens when you are the best team in Super League, lesser teams have to resort to dirty tactics and still can't beat ya!

Let's get back to GF, Blake Green was cleaned up/out, then got up and won Wigan the GF, but you only saw the Wire players getting injured.

It's a rough tough game out there, injuries happen, very rarely you see players trying to injure people on purpose. Issacc Luke springs to mind.

I could understand if you lost last night and were looking for excuses, but you won.

HW

beermatt42

Reply #7 on: 31 May 2014, 01:58:51 pm
Well Ablett did apologise straight away, you are right but don't you think it's much better to make an effort not to do it in the first place?

It's a bit reckless trying to kick the ball out of someone's hands, it's illegal, and it was a bit late too since the ball was already grounded and the try was scored and finally it was badly misplaced seeing as he didn't even make contact with the ball, but kicked Monaghan square in the face, and that is the best way of putting it, some may say it was deliberate and borne out of frustration, but it's up to the RFL to decide.

On some other points, yes Warrington have been losing a lot lately but that is because Tony Smith has been tinkering with the squad, it's taken him some thirteen matches to find his best half back combination and he has also been introducing new players and messing about with the wing/centre positions, all those things take time to gel but I believe it is now finally coming to fruition, and yes, on their day Warrington can beat anyone, they showed that last night and at the magic weekend show stopper.

I do realise this is a Whitehaven website and that is why it has gone a bit quiet on the Warrington front as somebody said, even the good folk of Whitehaven can get a bit tired of hearing about Warrington, but seeing this team finally gelling together and moving forwards from the Lee Briers era I can honestly say that they could easily win a trophy this year and I am personally banking on a trip to Wembley this summer, hopefully against Widnes, why not, that would be a great cup final.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 02:00:27 pm by BeerMatt44 »

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 31 May 2014, 02:07:44 pm
Leeds weren't a dirty team last night although what Ablett did was illegal ie try to kick the ball out of someone's hands. The kick to the head being an accident that resulted from the attempted kick. A couple of match ban for me there

Ratchford's crusher tackle should also see a ban as this was deliberate. There was no need for pressure on the player's head/ neck.

Black eyes happen all the time and are usually accidents. Rugby League is a collision sport. Looking at the ones from lady night I would say that these were old ones and not caused on the  night

This isn't a Warrington bashing comment. Most clubs have a discipline problem from time to time and are not cleaner than everyone else

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 31 May 2014, 02:33:51 pm
No team any dirtier than wire get a grip

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 31 May 2014, 02:40:22 pm

Take those blinkers off mate. You gave the same tripe response regarding the shocking actions of a Warrington player in the grand final.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 31 May 2014, 02:41:48 pm

Let's get back to GF, Blake Green was cleaned up/out, then got up and won Wigan the GF, but you only saw the Wire players getting injured.

It's a rough tough game out there, injuries happen, very rarely you see players trying to injure people on purpose. Issacc Luke springs to mind.

I could understand if you lost last night and were looking for excuses, but you won.

HW

Well said! Those are some think Warrington blinkers beermat has on.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 31 May 2014, 02:44:28 pm
Well Ablett did apologise straight away, you are right but don't you think it's much better to make an effort not to do it in the first place?

It's a bit reckless trying to kick the ball out of someone's hands, it's illegal, and it was a bit late too since the ball was already grounded and the try was scored and finally it was badly misplaced seeing as he didn't even make contact with the ball, but kicked Monaghan square in the face, and that is the best way of putting it, some may say it was deliberate and borne out of frustration, but it's up to the RFL to decide.

On some other points, yes Warrington have been losing a lot lately but that is because Tony Smith has been tinkering with the squad, it's taken him some thirteen matches to find his best half back combination and he has also been introducing new players and messing about with the wing/centre positions, all those things take time to gel but I believe it is now finally coming to fruition, and yes, on their day Warrington can beat anyone, they showed that last night and at the magic weekend show stopper.

I do realise this is a Whitehaven website and that is why it has gone a bit quiet on the Warrington front as somebody said, even the good folk of Whitehaven can get a bit tired of hearing about Warrington, but seeing this team finally gelling together and moving forwards from the Lee Briers era I can honestly say that they could easily win a trophy this year and I am personally banking on a trip to Wembley this summer, hopefully against Widnes, why not, that would be a great cup final.
You did say wigans prep was ****e this off season and Warrington who went to australlia would hit the ground running as their prep has been top notch. Wire just not as good as you think mate.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 31 May 2014, 02:58:18 pm
Ablet wrong yes, deliberate perhaps no, pressure to to win at all costs in SL basic problem, Beermatt YOU ARE NOT COMPLAINING ARE YOU?

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 31 May 2014, 05:25:29 pm

You did say wigans prep was ****e this off season and Warrington who went to australlia would hit the ground running as their prep has been top notch. Wire just not as good as you think mate.
Life without briers affected wire early on in the season but they looked the part last night. Thought bridge was good not his or wires biggest fan but they should make top4. Then out can happen in playoffs.