HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Carl Ablett

Guest · 48 · 1623

Offline Snowdrop

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 31 May 2014, 07:00:25 pm
I think Ablett's attempt to kick the ball out was similar to when Gareth Rayner tried to punch the ball out of Sam Tomkins arms when Tomkins scored a try in a cup game a few years ago. Raynor got a red card and i think a 2 match ban.
I know Tomkins was knocked out and Monaghan didn't seem be, but a kick to the head could have been a whole lot worse so Ablett's has got to get at least 2 matches

beermatt42

Reply #16 on: 01 Jun 2014, 11:20:22 am
Dear Rockerlad, Havenwarrior and Kiss the Snake,

So Carl Ablett can kick someone in the head and somehow this means that Warrington are the dirty team, and somehow or another it was Ben Westwood who was to blame even though he wasn't even on the pitch???  Remarkable powers of reasoning lads, but whether it's Beta Blockers, laxatives or Tramadol, keep taking the tablets  :D :D

Also, we may discuss Huddersfield, Wakefield, Gloucester or Timbuktoo, but there seems to be an embargo on discussing Warrington Wolves, and you think I am Blinkered and bigoted????

Get a grip on reality lads.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 01 Jun 2014, 11:31:56 am
Dear Rockerlad, Havenwarrior and Kiss the Snake,

So Carl Ablett can kick someone in the head and somehow this means that Warrington are the dirty team, and somehow or another it was Ben Westwood who was to blame even though he wasn't even on the pitch???  Remarkable powers of reasoning lads, but whether it's Beta Blockers, laxatives or Tramadol, keep taking the tablets  :D :D

Also, we may discuss Huddersfield, Wakefield, Gloucester or Timbuktoo, but there seems to be an embargo on discussing Warrington Wolves, and you think I am Blinkered and bigoted????

Get a grip on reality lads.

Do you really think he was trying to Deliberately kick him in the head, he went for the ball. Which I said in an earlier post is something that is creeping into our game and needs sorted out.

If I thought Ablett had intentionally kicked him in the head, I would be all for a ban, but if you are entirely honest, it was a foul, but not deliberate. Mind you if the Ref had thought it was intentional he would have given a Pen Try, which he didn't.

HW

PS, what was your interpretation of the Crusher Tackle by Ratchford, you seemed to have glossed over that.

Also the only tablets I take are Happy Pills, you need them when you follow Haven, but at the moment I'm on a small dose, as reading your posts is keeping me happy.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 01 Jun 2014, 12:44:19 pm
Crusher tackle !!!! Never happened he didn't see it !!

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:35:45 am
I see Ablett got a 2 match ban.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:37:29 am
Beermatt would have him sine die !!!!!

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #21 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:48:26 am
Beermatt would have him sine die !!!!!
:D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:50:09 am
such a clean player mr ablett cant be right
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #23 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:51:58 am
What???????   Any idea what happened to Hardaker? He's been charged with homophobia but as with all homophobes, methinks he protesteth too much!

I can't think who was the target, none of the Warrington team are gay, and he wouldn't have a go at his own teammates like Ryan Bailey, so I can only imagine he was shouting gay abuse at Jamie Child, let's hope the RFL throw the book at him!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:57:48 am
What???????   Any idea what happened to Hardaker? He's been charged with homophobia but as with all homophobes, methinks he protesteth too much!

I can't think who was the target, none of the Warrington team are gay, and he wouldn't have a go at his own teammates like Ryan Bailey, so I can only imagine he was shouting gay abuse at Jamie Child, let's hope the RFL throw the book at him!

I hope they don't he's the best English full back about at the moment his tackle on rhys evans was unbelievable!

haven94 don't think as a pie fan you can add sarcastic comments to anyone with thugs like mcilorum, dudson, flower and scott taylor in your side!

beermatt42

Reply #25 on: 03 Jun 2014, 11:59:42 am
I also think Ablett should have got at least a three match ban for what he did.

Aggravating factors=  1, The ball was already dead and the try was scored.
                                 2, Joel monaghan was prone when he was kicked in the face.
                                 3, Ablett has a history of this sort of thing.
                                 4, Ablett was attempting an illegal move, i.e Kicking the ball out of a players hands.

Mitigating factors=    1, he did apologise immediately, probably sincerely.
                               2, The kick wasn't particularly that violent.
                               3, Early guilty plea.

perhaps the RFL gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to be lenient.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2014, 01:36:43 pm by BeerMatt44 »

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #26 on: 03 Jun 2014, 12:00:02 pm

I hope they don't he's the best English full back about at the moment his tackle on rhys evans was unbelievable!

haven94 don't think as a pie fan you can add sarcastic comments to anyone with thugs like mcilorum, dudson, flower and scott taylor in your side!
thugs marra never
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 03 Jun 2014, 12:15:46 pm

I agree marra i'd ban him for the rest of season. Rugby league players used to respect the referees.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 03 Jun 2014, 12:50:36 pm
I also think Ablett should have got at least a three match ban for what he did.

Aggravating factors=  1, The ball was already dead and the try was scored.
                                 2, Joel monaghan was prone when he was kicked in the face.
                                 3, Ablett has a history of this sort of thing.

Mitigating factors=    1, he did apologise immediately, probably sincerely.
                               2, The kick wasn't particularly that violent.

So perhaps the RFL gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to be lenient.

Ablett has got a history of this sort of thing? When was the last time he kicked somebody?

BTW he has got a 2 match ban following an EGP which means that he hasn't had a ban for at least 12 months unlike a certain Mr Westwood.........

beermatt42

Reply #29 on: 03 Jun 2014, 12:57:14 pm
I've added a fourth aggravating factor there LeeF, Ablett was already attempting an illegal move, which went wrong, I do think the RFL  were lenient, but under their own guidelines this sort of offence gets a 2-3 match ban, perhaps some mitigation came into it.

Not sure if he has kicked anyone before, but by your own admission he has been banned before, so these things are considered as aggravating factors.