Guest · 48 · 1622

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #30 on: 03 Jun 2014, 01:13:21 pm
4 offences wooaahh should hang,draw and quarter him for that

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 03 Jun 2014, 01:32:30 pm
I've added a fourth aggravating factor there LeeF, Ablett was already attempting an illegal move, which went wrong, I do think the RFL  were lenient, but under their own guidelines this sort of offence gets a 2-3 match ban, perhaps some mitigation came into it.

Not sure if he has kicked anyone before, but by your own admission he has been banned before, so these things are considered as aggravating factors.

I didn't admit that he has been banned before but it is easy enough yo check on the RFL site. I DID state that he hadn't been banned for at least 12 months unlike some others

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 03 Jun 2014, 01:34:54 pm
2 bans for Ablett. One in 2010, the other in 2011. Total matches banned for is 4 so not a thug and neither if them were for kicking

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #33 on: 03 Jun 2014, 01:47:27 pm

come on snakey get those blinkers off there not known as dirty leeds for nowt marra.
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #34 on: 03 Jun 2014, 03:24:19 pm

No one is advocating Carl Ablett ought be hung drawn and Quartered, but given the outrageous number of aggravating factors he should have been marched out of the courtroom by the chief constable of the county and shot.  Try to keep things in perspective Snakey pal.

beermatt42

Reply #35 on: 06 Jun 2014, 12:29:49 pm
Just on the subject of Zak Hardaker, has anyone seen his pathetic apology this morning?  It seems he hasn't even got the guts to admit he was calling the referee a ----ing ---got, but has now apologised to Michael Monaghan! 

He says it was the heat of the moment and he is sorry for offending Michael Monaghan and his comments were also heard by Jamie Child who was nearby and who was somehow offended himself.

All the more reason for the RFL to throw the book at this coward, Michael Monaghan is not gay and his comments were clearly aimed at the referee.  Realising the gravity of his moronic offence, he belatedly offers an apology to the wrong person!

It seems Gareth Hock may have a rival here in the biggest moron stakes, Zak Hardaker was clearly insulting the referee, he is a homophobe and Jamie Child says he was personally offended but still does not receive an apology from a coward who is frightened of the truth.

Leeds Rhinos eh?  Serial offenders who have learnt to apologise at the drop of an hat, like any seasoned criminal before the courts, they only seem to realise it's wrong once they are in trouble. They have never heard of making an effort and Hardaker should be dropped from the England squad forthwith alongside his natural compadre Gareth Hock.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2014, 12:33:04 pm by BeerMatt44 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #36 on: 06 Jun 2014, 12:34:42 pm
Just on the subject of Zak Hardaker, has anyone seen his pathetic apology this morning?  It seems he hasn't even got the guts to admit he was calling the referee a ----ing ---got, but has now apologised to Michael Monaghan! 

He says it was the heat of the moment and he is sorry for offending Michael Monaghan and his comments were also heard by Jamie Child who was nearby and who was somehow offended himself.

All the more reason for the RFL to throw the book at this coward, Michael Monaghan is not gay and his comments were clearly aimed at the referee.  Realising the gravity of his moronic offence, he belatedly offers an apology to the wrong person!

It seems Gareth Hock may have a rival here in the biggest moron stakes, Zak Hardaker was clearly insulting the referee, he is a homophobe and Jamie Child says he was personally offended but still does not receive an apology from a coward who is frightened of the truth.

Leeds Rhinos eh?  Serial offenders who have learnt to apologise at the drop of an hat, like any seasoned criminal before the courts, they only seem to realise it's wrong once they are in trouble. They have never heard of making an effort and Hardaker should be dropped from the England squad forthwith alongside his natural compadre Gareth Hock.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 06 Jun 2014, 03:04:57 pm
So now an apology to Monaghan could be interperated by some that he [Mongahan] IS gay and somehow hardaker knew this and insulted him thus, why didn't Mongahan tell him to stuff his apology up his A... lets see if the RFL does anything but I wouldn't think they would, the codes of conducts they espouse to, sound great but putting it into action against Leeds/hetherington ? Does anyone think any action will be taken?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #38 on: 06 Jun 2014, 03:17:38 pm
So now an apology to Monaghan could be interperated by some that he [Mongahan] IS gay and somehow hardaker knew this and insulted him thus, why didn't Mongahan tell him to stuff his apology up his A... lets see if the RFL does anything but I wouldn't think they would, the codes of conducts they espouse to, sound great but putting it into action against Leeds/hetherington ? Does anyone think any action will be taken?
its leeds  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #39 on: 06 Jun 2014, 05:34:53 pm
He should be banned from playing for England for a few years and get at least 8 league games. You simply can't do it and if it was somebody in our league they would have the book thrown at them. Let's see how good the RL really are.

beermatt42

Reply #40 on: 06 Jun 2014, 05:53:54 pm
The trouble that I have with this, Havenrugbyfan88, is that Michael monaghan simply isn't gay.  Only last week I was reading about his future plans and he said he was going to retire at the end of this season, but he would still like to remain and settle in England, possibly in some sort of coaching role (like Brett Hodgson before him) and the main reasons he gave for wanting to stay in the UK was because he has an English girlfriend who he is engaged to, and also his Brother Joel will still be here for some years to come.

Therefore it doesn't wash with me, it seems like Hardaker is simply trying to mitigate his offences by saying 'Yes, I did shout some homophobic comments, but its okay because it really wasn't aimed at the ref.'

It has been widely reported that he was shouting abuse at Jamie Child and nobody else, and Jamie Child has also said that he was personally offended by his comments.

Jamie Child has only received a partial apology, more or less along the lines of ' I apologise if somehow the referee was offended, but no abuse was aimed at him.'

That can be seen as a very public and humiliating attempt to 'out' the referee, who needs to be able to get on with the game without having his sexuality brought into question, and who still hasn't had a proper apology but instead is being scrutinised for why he would possibly take offence to gay abuse in the first place.

That is disgraceful on Hardakers behalf and his conduct falls well below the professional standard, as does his attempts to wriggle out of it, you just simply cannot treat the referee like that.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 06 Jun 2014, 06:01:24 pm
What a pity Childs didn't send him off.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 06 Jun 2014, 06:01:49 pm
The trouble that I have with this, Havenrugbyfan88, is that Michael monaghan simply isn't gay.  Only last week I was reading about his future plans and he said he was going to retire at the end of this season, but he would still like to remain and settle in England, possibly in some sort of coaching role (like Brett Hodgson before him) and the main reasons he gave for wanting to stay in the UK was because he has an English girlfriend who he is engaged to, and also his Brother Joel will still be here for some years to come.

Therefore it doesn't wash with me, it seems like Hardaker is simply trying to mitigate his offences by saying 'Yes, I did shout some homophobic comments, but its okay because it really wasn't aimed at the ref.'

It has been widely reported that he was shouting abuse at Jamie Child and nobody else, and Jamie Child has also said that he was personally offended by his comments.

Jamie Child has only received a partial apology, more or less along the lines of ' I apologise if somehow the referee was offended, but no abuse was aimed at him.'

That can be seen as a very public and humiliating attempt to 'out' the referee, who needs to be able to get on with the game without having his sexuality brought into question, and who still hasn't had a proper apology but instead is being scrutinised for why he would possibly take offence to gay abuse in the first place.

That is disgraceful on Hardakers behalf and his conduct falls well below the professional standard, as does his attempts to wriggle out of it, you just simply cannot treat the referee like that.

Do Warrington and Leeds not have Forums, surely it would be better discussed on there . ( Yawn )

HW

beermatt42

Reply #43 on: 06 Jun 2014, 06:14:40 pm
But it's more than just petty Warrington or Leeds business, I am sure you can agree that attempting to 'out' a RL referee is virtually unprecedented, it must be unique in the history of the sport and therefore the RFL need to look at this more closely.

beermatt42

Reply #44 on: 06 Jun 2014, 06:33:29 pm
I wouldn't worry about being sued for defamation if that is the problem, you should see what other forums are posting on this subject, nowhere near as moderate as we are being.

Just check out the superleague fans forum if you don't believe me.  This may be predominately a topic about the recent Warrington v Leeds match, but it has been rightly posted up in the 'other clubs' section.

Or is this another attempt to ban the resident Warrington fan?  From the husband of the forums most intolerant moderator?
I am sorry if worldly issues offend some provincial minds.