HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

All to predicatbale

XIII · 17 · 1621

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 06 May 2007, 04:41:03 pm
I am afraid to say this season looks all to similar to last year.  We are competitive but don't have the professionalism to mount a sustained challenge.  We WILL finish third or fouth and lose to Cas or Widnes away in the semis.  Its all become a bit monotonous really Cas and Widnes are out in front  Leigh and Haven the best of the rest but what does it matter you MUST finsih top two for the Grand FINAl. 

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 06 May 2007, 04:45:33 pm
well am afaraid if you get 3 tries dissallowed
and 1 given against you wich contains 2 forward passes 
you arent going to win the ref he sounded a disgrace i hope we complain about him

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 06 May 2007, 04:46:53 pm
you arent going to win the ref he sounded a disgrace i hope we complain about him

that odes not excuse how bad we played...cas went ther and put70 on them ...widnes will do the same

3rd it will be
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #3 on: 06 May 2007, 04:49:56 pm
I am afraid to say this season looks all to similar to last year.  We are competitive but don't have the professionalism to mount a sustained challenge.  We WILL finish third or fouth and lose to Cas or Widnes away in the semis.  Its all become a bit monotonous really Cas and Widnes are out in front  Leigh and Haven the best of the rest but what does it matter you MUST finsih top two for the Grand FINAl. 

with a full team we would have turned them over no problem.but i have to agree with what your saying.

as for tries disalllowed and forward passes if your going by john cox chances are decisions will have been right.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 06 May 2007, 04:50:36 pm

Thats only JCs opinion, and and we all know how Rose Tinted are his specs.

TW

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 06 May 2007, 04:51:14 pm

with a full team we would have turned them over no problem.but i have to agree with what your saying.

as for tries disalllowed and forward passes if your going by john cox chances are decisions will have been right.

And if Penny, Tandy and Mbu had played for them?

TW

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 06 May 2007, 04:53:52 pm
and if
mcavoy
hill
fatialofa
seeds
teare
marc jackson
aaron smith
had all played for haven  ::) ::)

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 06 May 2007, 04:54:34 pm
and if
mcavoy
hill
fatialofa
seeds
teare
marc jackson
aaron smith

beat me to it  :D

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 06 May 2007, 04:56:13 pm
But they didn't, and we were well and truly beaten

We dropped ball, we missed tackles, we had a man sent off - we lost

Reality check time!

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 06 May 2007, 04:56:32 pm
At the end of the day we thought all we had to do was turn up we think we are a better side than we are and I think to blame the ref is an easy option lets face facts its third or fourth and out in the semis
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 06 May 2007, 04:57:04 pm
maden was sin binned not sent off  ;)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 06 May 2007, 04:57:21 pm
and if
mcavoy
hill
fatialofa
seeds
teare
marc jackson
aaron smith

Well all but 2 of them have played all season and we still havent MURDERED teams like Cas and Widnes have. But all you get is we are winning, it takes a good team to win when you are playing poorly. Well today we played poorly and got beat. Cas and Widnes will beat them!

TW

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 06 May 2007, 05:01:07 pm
If the player had turned up with the right attitude the ref would have been irrelevant.  They went their thinking they could win but were crap.

I think a number f thing need addressing :-

(1) we seem all to willing to let player "miss" gmaes for domestic reasons Duffy & Teare spring to mind.  It wouldnt happen at Cas and Widnes and is probably why we are where we are.  Also this situatuon is no unfamiliar to Haven Rochdale and Donny last year cost us a home draw inthe playoffs.  NO ONE is goingto the Grand Final form third in this league.

(2)  We got a big result at Leigh but have thrown it away today.  everyman and his dog  ( Widnes Cas and Leigh) will slaughter Donny away this year BUT we F@@@ up beacuse we couldn't be arsed today! Simple as that.  

(3) Smiith could have played today....but savinghimself for the Catalens next week.  Who cares we won't win next week and we wont win tjhe challenge cup.  Smith should have played today and missed next weeks game swhich is irrelevant!

(4) DR seems an ok coach, but his rain has been characterised by these sloppy displays which have eestroyed our season.  Last year it was Rochdale (a) Donny (a0 Widnes (h) .  This year we have lost to a crap team in Donny.

When we reached the Grand Final we were consistant through out the season.  DR will be judged on these results  (DONNY< ROCH FAX (A) ETC.  You and I and everyone on this forum could get haven to coach  haven to beat most teams at home.  Its what happens onthe road that counts!    

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 06 May 2007, 05:09:45 pm
couldn't agree more about smith.

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 06 May 2007, 05:23:20 pm
Maybe Haven aren't as good as we all like to think, this is the first real test we've had and we've failed. Rugby is a squad game so no point in moaning about who we didn't have playing you need more than 17 quality players. Think we're looking at third as best and possibly even fourth if Leigh continue to play like the must have today. Too many average players and old men.  :'( :'(