HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

next sunday

Guest · 32 · 2794

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 08 May 2007, 09:13:35 pm
Popularsider if you went to the donny ,atch you will have seen how poor rob was and he hasnt really had a good season so far, derrie has been one of the better players in the squad he has come on leaps and bounds and for you not to put him in your squad is laughable, you really cant have a clue about rugby putting someone in who hasnt had a good game over someone who's been one of our top performers.

popularsider

Reply #16 on: 08 May 2007, 10:07:19 pm
ryan ive never rated derrie how many games has derrie played in sl none if he was that good a club would have been looking at him none have

rob jackson on his day is a far better centre than derrie and i rate rob more than derrie

so for me rob and seeds in the centres against catalans

if mcavoy was fit i would have rob and mcavoy

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 08 May 2007, 10:16:44 pm
Yeh rob played in super league but since he has been here has a super league club enquired about him no. I like rob but so far Derrie has played better than him this season and you can't drop a player thats in form its just stupid, you have to play your best players and Derrie so far this season is a mile ahead of rob.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2007, 10:24:42 pm by Ryan »

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 08 May 2007, 10:23:42 pm
Yeh rob played in super league but since he has been here has a super league club enquired about him no. I like rob but so far Derrie has plyaed better than him this season and you can't drop a player thats in form its just stupid, you have to play your best players and Derrie so far this season is a mile ahead of rob.

have to agree derrie has really come on this season and at the moment deserves to be in before rob jackson who at best has had an average season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 09 May 2007, 01:01:04 pm
Last  season  Jackson's  tries  per  game  ratio  was  pretty  decent.

This  year  he  hasn't  been  as  effective  but  in  fairness  to  the  lad  has  struggled  with  injuries  and  I  don't  think  he's  100%  fit.  Once  he's  back  to  his  best  I  think  we'll  see  a  different  player. :)

Gotta  say  though  Derrie's  come  on  leaps  and  bounds  and  well  done  to  him

havenfan in hull

Reply #20 on: 09 May 2007, 01:22:36 pm
popularsider do u fancy rob jackson or something. derry is on top form and hardly put a foot wrong all season n seeds record speaks for itself. scott mac has had a good start to the season but in not way would you drop seeds for him if they were both fit. for me rob jackson wouldnt get many games if all the centers where fit and im sure most people will agree. id pick seeds, macca and derry all ahead of him if they all fully fit

popularsider

Reply #21 on: 09 May 2007, 01:39:16 pm
no havenfanin hull i dont facny rob jackson

i just know he is a better centre than derrie

mcavoy and rob jackson would be my first choice centres its my opinion wich im entitled to

last season rob jackson scored 7 tries in 4 games  he was the top metre maker at the club and one of the top tacklers

this season rob has played 3 or 4 games give him chance to get going then judge him i know he is better than derrie

havenfan in hull

Reply #22 on: 09 May 2007, 02:28:09 pm
fair play mate but i think we will have to agree to disagree on it for now n see what DR thinks i supose

popularsider

Reply #23 on: 09 May 2007, 02:31:16 pm
correct in todays rugby paper dr states

fats and seeds will be back  :o i thought fats went today for his scan  ???

it also states after sundays game spencer is unavilable for selection as he is being married and will be away on honeymoon thats where ste bannister comes in handy  ;D

ps congrats spencer

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 09 May 2007, 06:11:50 pm
no havenfanin hull i dont facny rob jackson

i just know he is a better centre than derrie

mcavoy and rob jackson would be my first choice centres its my opinion wich im entitled to

last season rob jackson scored 7 tries in 4 games  he was the top metre maker at the club and one of the top tacklers

this season rob has played 3 or 4 games give him chance to get going then judge him i know he is better than derrie

Rob Jackson has played 8 games this season which is only 4 less than Eilbeck.

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 10 May 2007, 11:07:01 pm
Playing seedsy would be a big gamble, he has been out after a hernia operation so his chances of keeping up his fitness level will have been considerably hindered due to the restrictions from this, however his experience is second to none but add to this his current fitness level his age against his experience then its a big gamble.
Fats on the other hand has been able to keep up his fitness training with the only restriction being contact on or around his arm giving the interchanges now used to spell of the front rowers, hookers and second rowers he is much less of a gamble
I think the team will be
                                        1  GB
                                        2  CC
                                        3  RJ
                                        4  DE
                                        5  SM
                                        6 CR
                                        7  JD
                                        8  S TRINDAL
                                        9  AS
                                      10  S TEARE
                                      11  SM
                                      12  RF
                                      13  AL
                                      14  DF
                                      15 GM
                                      16  LJ / DS
                                      17 CS / RW

popularsider

Reply #26 on: 10 May 2007, 11:08:44 pm
i think the team wil be

1 broadbent
2 calvert
3 seeds
4 r jackson
5 maden
6 rudd
7 duffy
8 trindall
9 a smith
10 fats
11 miller
12 fletch
13 lester

14 sice
15 mattinson
16 joe
17 teare

popularsider

Reply #27 on: 11 May 2007, 02:27:21 pm
i got told today that there is no lester and no seeds on sunday  :o :o

the team i was told was

1 broadbent
2 calvert
3 eilbeck
4 r jackson
5 maden
6 rudd
7 duffy
8 trindall
9 sice
10 fatialofa
11 miller
12 fletcher
13 aaron smith

14 joe
15 mattinson
16 wright
17 teare

havenfan in hull

Reply #28 on: 11 May 2007, 03:18:10 pm
if no lester then that reasonably good team. i would prefer smith at 9 and leroy as lose forward. im not fan of sice starting fink he defo impact player

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 11 May 2007, 05:00:32 pm
After seeing Sice play on Sunday at Doncaster, he doesn't even deserve to be in the 17.  Would move Aaron Smith back to 9, Leroy starting at 13 if Lester is out and then have another Prop or 2nd Row on the bench Ford or Deans.