Donny A
Barrow H
leigh A
Dews H
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2014, 07:22:57 pm
Our run in isn't as bad as I though all home games winnable even town is very winnable just after today's result I fear going away from home but win the three home games and town and we are safe as houses

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2014, 08:43:40 pm
Looking at those fixtures I'd be worried if I was a Batley fan.....

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2014, 09:21:46 pm
I say to you now. Ignore other teams our run in is as bad as it gets. Honestly it is.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2014, 09:36:50 pm
Its the unpredictability of this league  that makes it tough to call

Next week NWC seems a decent fixture for town,but given then pushed dews close today,and next week is their first game back at the racecourse ground then it puts a different slant on it.

2 weeks ago fev beaten by Rochdale and town and you think  we could take them with room to spare at home,but then fax put 50 on us and they put 50 on Batley and it looks a totally different game all of a sudden

Cougars beat in their last 2 then you would expect Donny to beat them with gas to spare,but then Donny nearly throw away a big lead today at home to swinton and just scrape home
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2014, 01:37:25 pm
I honestly don't see us getting more than 10 points if we're lucky
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

beermatt42

Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2014, 10:04:49 am
Yes, you will think I am mad, but here is a quote from War and Peace by Tolstoy, which I have decided to try again, Cran Cran is right, it is tough going but worthwhile if you stick to it, so....

Pierre Bezuhov, a millionaire count is about to fight a duel with Dolohov, a bully and a defeated and returning soldier from the lost battle of Austerlitz.

Dolohov is discussing the upcoming duel with his second, Denisov.

''Look here, in a couple of words, i'll let you into the whole secret of duelling. If you are going to fight a duel and the day before you make a will and write loving letters to your parents, and if you think you may be killed - You're a fool and as good as done for.
But go with the firm intention of killing your man as quickly and surely as possible, then everything will be alright.
As our bear-huntsman from Kostromo used to say to me: ''A bear,'' he'd say, ''sure everyone's afraid of a bear- but once you set eyes on him your only fear is that he will get away!'' Well, that is how it is with me. A demain, mon cher.''   (Tr: Until tomorrow, sweetheart).

I think it means don't be so defeatist, not even Barrow are relegated yet so don't be making your wills out just yet!

Mind you, fine speeches don't stop the bully and narrator Dolohov getting shot and wounded in the duel. :D :D
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2014, 10:39:13 am by BeerMatt44 »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2014, 04:39:31 pm
Down to 6 or 7 if we're lucky.
Nothing at Town or Sheffield, 2 home wins and BP at Swinton at best
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2014, 04:54:26 pm
Think we will need to win 4 of the last five games to stay up.  It's going to be a big ask.  Need to learn to defend pdq.  Can't win many games conceeding 30 points plus.

Looking at the fixtures I think we will need to win at Sheffield to stay up. keighley have quite a few games of the last five against bottom four teams, Batley probably only need two wins and a couple of bonus points and Town will be ok with their fixtures.

Reckon it's between us and Sheffield.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2014, 05:05:42 pm by Johnpauljones »

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 27 Jul 2014, 11:12:32 pm
harsh reality is this team havent got the balls to fight......we are in deep ****