HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

whitehaven v featherstone

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #30 on: 22 Jul 2014, 11:28:55 pm
I'm optimistic we will stay up. But if we do this team ain't good enough and would probably be relegated the year after. We would need a whole host of players and with the exception of a few there ain't no local talent going to sign for us.

My mate who is not a sports fan at all said this to me
"Would it be a bad thing, bar the money, to go down regroup with local lads and come back up fighting.

It made me think?

Any opinions??

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 23 Jul 2014, 08:04:41 am
Maybe it will come to that, I was told last night that a lot of the Cumbria Academy lads have had their contracts cancelled last Friday, has anyone else heard this or is it just a rumour.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 23 Jul 2014, 08:14:33 am
sure the academey lads are on 2 year contracts and they have just come to an end.staying up is vital this season, but you are right the battle next seson will be tougher especially given the  unfair distribution of money that will be taking place
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 23 Jul 2014, 08:34:45 am
 Wonder if the academy has a new crop of players coming throw then, you don't see much in the Whitehaven news about the acadamy do you 

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #34 on: 23 Jul 2014, 09:02:05 am
Did I read in league express that samir played for the academy last week.

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 23 Jul 2014, 09:04:21 am
yes he did heard no reports on how he went on though.//

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 23 Jul 2014, 09:10:43 am
Did I read in league express that samir played for the academy last week.
he did and thats how we should be using it, they play in the same league as leigh reserves if im not mistake, early season leigh were fielding maden,acton, littler,ostick,govin etc in their reserve sides so i cant understand why we didn't give fringe players game time for the academy, recently both burns and samir have turned out for the academy.On samir set off like a steam train was briliant early season until injured after 5 mins away at batley, since then he played about 35 mins in the cougars game and about 5 mins in the leigh game.In our winning runs since the NWC game he hasnt featured much at all.We need him to finish the season they way he started it, and samir of early season form will be amassive boost for the final 6 games .
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2014, 10:35:23 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 23 Jul 2014, 09:30:55 am
Maybe we should have used the academy earlier in the season for the lads we have now lost, that's was the reason they asked to be released, lack of game time, other clubs in the league have used the academy league for for bringing injured players back into contention and also players who were not getting  selected for their first teams, it would have also helped the academy players improve and give them confidence whilst playing with experienced players.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 25 Jul 2014, 01:51:38 pm
is it the cumbria academy your on about?

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #39 on: 25 Jul 2014, 01:54:22 pm
is it the cumbria academy your on about?
:nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 25 Jul 2014, 02:19:11 pm
I said after the cougars game we would not be beat at home again this season ,I stand by that.The fev team that tonked Batley last was a lot stronger than the one that's was beat by town and Rochdale,however I still think they are not match for Leighwho to be honest were lucky to leave the rec with 3 points.You would hope home advantage,wanting to put things right after last week,long trip up for them and the crowd behind the team would be enough to get us the win.It will not be easy,big games required from all players
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2014, 08:30:00 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

ca28

Reply #41 on: 25 Jul 2014, 03:33:09 pm
Haven by 10

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 25 Jul 2014, 08:04:49 pm
Yes

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 25 Jul 2014, 09:03:17 pm
win is a must  ;D long az we get the 3,   big game out yaz lads, get right into em and keep pen count down ..............C'monnnnnnn  Haven :tip: :tip: :tip: :tip:

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 26 Jul 2014, 04:09:36 pm
Think we could win this. Keep our discipline. Also heard Fev are running into money problems with quite a few players set to be offloaded. Causing a bit of unrest. Let's hope so