HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ferrybridge

Guest · 2 · 421

beermatt42

on: 31 Jul 2014, 03:43:03 pm
Anyone who has traversed the M62 corridor (and which RL fan hasn't?) will of course know about the Ferrybridge power station near Leeds, it's that massive power station with all the cooling towers which can't be missed for miles around Leeds and Castleford.

Apparently there is a massive fire there today, which is so big that over 20 fire crews from all over West Yorkshire are in attendance, I don't think anyone is dead but all the workers have been evacuated and some of the towers are well ablaze.

Leeds still has it's power on because I am currently listening to BBC Leeds on the internet radio and it seems that the power station has been decommissioned in the last few weeks for a complete overhaul and the building of a new power station on site, so no power should be lost, however it was due to be recommissioned again sometime in the coming weeks so I don't know if that will affect the power supply to West Yorkshire or not.

Quite a calamity going on in Leeds, but despite all the conspiracy theories, I don't think the RFL are behind this one!  :D :D 
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2014, 03:45:02 pm by BeerMatt44 »

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2014, 07:36:52 pm
It's not Leeds more Cas way but it is causing all sorts of traffic issues on the M62, M1 and A1