HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven v Catalan Dragoooooons

Maca · 38 · 3806

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 10 May 2007, 09:46:43 pm
Catalans 46 Haven 6.  Super league teams are 100% better, faster and fitter than 1st Division regardless of their positions.  Just wish some you haven fans would wake up and take you face out of cornflakes, there is no way whitehaven will be Les Catalans.
we dont like cornflakes just shredded wheat thats why were 1000% better faster and fitter than town :P :P :D :D

and townies only eat ready brek, so they can put a great big dollop of blackcurrant seeded jam in the middle of it!! ;D ;D ;D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 11 May 2007, 09:56:54 am
what about last year Castleford were beaten by Widnes and Warrington were beaten by Hull KR they were in different leagues.

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 11 May 2007, 05:10:43 pm
Haven 26 V 20 Catalan!!!! Come On Haven!!! :)

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 11 May 2007, 05:45:31 pm
i do think haven will beat catalan just think this game will be the one where we will be stood up and counted for and hope the haven fans turn out in numbers and show the rfl we deserve a chance for sl

come on haven

haven 28 catalan 18

gate 4,800

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 11 May 2007, 08:39:51 pm
Haven  18   Catalans  14

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 12 May 2007, 12:36:09 pm
24 20 haven win

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 12 May 2007, 03:02:30 pm
haven 18 catalans 8

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 12 May 2007, 04:10:44 pm
haven to be in it for 30-40 mins and give their fans something to cheer then super league class will tell and the catalans to pull away. 12-38 to the french.

Offline martin the viking

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 12 May 2007, 06:36:33 pm
what about last year Castleford were beaten by Widnes and Warrington were beaten by Hull KR they were in different leagues.

I was there. It takes a great defensive effort but you boys can do it.
Dont let us down this week.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #24 on: 13 May 2007, 10:29:43 am
Haven 26-Catalan 20  ;D ;D Cum on HAVEN !!!!!

Jamboree

Reply #25 on: 13 May 2007, 12:34:51 pm
Where can i get the rose tinted specs?  8)Or have you all been on the drink already?
Whitehaven 10 Catalans 36
 Lets see whos closest. ;D Wake up and smell the coffee!
Le Cats with Stacey Jones & Donny with erm.........nobody really!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 14 May 2007, 01:06:53 am
Where can i get the rose tinted specs?  8)Or have you all been on the drink already?

wake up and smell the coffee indeed 24-14 not to bad against a super league team stacey jones did nowt at all trying to show off chipping the fullback when he could have easily passed it oh and it doesnt look like you were the closest ;D
haven till i die

Jamboree

Reply #27 on: 15 May 2007, 08:32:28 pm

wake up and smell the coffee indeed 24-14 not to bad against a super league team stacey jones did nowt at all trying to show off chipping the fullback when he could have easily passed it oh and it doesnt look like you were the closest ;D

Did you go to the game? If so did Catalan bomb 4 (FOUR) Certain tries with a final pass being dropped or the inability of one of them to bend down and pick a ball up and place it over the line.
Did Whitehaven score all 3 tries from scrappy loose ball boobbling about and bouncing right for you?
Did Catalan have 25 handling errors? Not super league form i'm sure you will agree.
The referee give you almost everything and the penalties given to them were mainly on their own line.
Catalan were NEVER in danger of losing the game despite the above. I felt that Catalan were going through the motions - i'm sure they wanted to play better but it was a case of lets get the win and get the hell out of here.
If you are happy with that, well so be it - if them four tries had stuck and lets be honest it was only the final pass and they could of walked over that would have been another 24 points!
The only credit i can give you is that you tackled fairly well down the middle and that Duffy and Fletcher played well.
Calvert was found wanting under two kicks (They scored two tries from them)imagine him playing week in week out in super league i think they would crucify him by kicking to him all the time.
So yes i'm afraid you still have to wake up and smell the coffee.However good luck for the rest of the season but i guarantee you will finish 3rd at best.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 15 May 2007, 08:42:00 pm
ur so so wrong marra 2nd we will finsh and haven dont forget spilled 2 or 3 certain trys so it would have been a hell of a lot closer and if rudd kicked the last kick before the final hooter the gap would haven 8 points against a top 6 sl aint that bad lol and it shows the gap between nl1 and al is gettin oh so smaller year by year

Jamboree

Reply #29 on: 15 May 2007, 09:05:57 pm
ur so so wrong marra 2nd we will finsh and haven dont forget spilled 2 or 3 certain trys so it would have been a hell of a lot closer and if rudd kicked the last kick before the final hooter the gap would haven 8 points against a top 6 sl aint that bad lol and it shows the gap between nl1 and al is gettin oh so smaller year by year

I GUARANTEE you wont finish 2nd . Catalans went through the motions and moved on 2/3 certain tries ? I can remember 1 double movement thats all.
Good luck with your 3rd place challenge.

Merger is the only way i'm afraid.