HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Travellers Not At Training

Offline the good doctor

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 08 Aug 2014, 12:54:23 pm
The sooner we get rid of Woods the better.

players attitude accounts for alot of the shi*e this season. some will have new clubs lined up so they won't be bothered

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 08 Aug 2014, 01:58:32 pm
I was going down Kells on Wednesday evening and noticed players training. No idea who it was

wednesday marra was the touch rugby event that lee mitchell runs

Thort it was Kells A as Sean High was taking it, we were up watching Kells u16s play Wath Brow u16s, must say that was a good game to watch with both sets of players giving their all, Wath Brow eventually won 18 / 20

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 08 Aug 2014, 02:32:58 pm
I was going down Kells on Wednesday evening and noticed players training. No idea who it was

wednesday marra was the touch rugby event that lee mitchell runs

Thort it was Kells A as Sean High was taking it, we were up watching Kells u16s play Wath Brow u16s, must say that was a good game to watch with both sets of players giving their all, Wath Brow eventually won 18 / 20

i thought you meant people on the rec marra that was the touch rugby on there
born and bred haven.

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 09 Aug 2014, 01:33:21 pm
I watched a bit of training and again didn't see any of the Yorkshire travellers. Biggest game in years on Sunday. Maybe a genuine reason.
Not the best prep. Twice now in 2 weeks.
i beleive the car broke down marra hope it isnt one of mr battys but thats the reason and not the 1st time this season. not good prep for sunday should have them in saturday morning

Stuck behind an accident last week, broke down this week, what's it going to be next week, the following week or the week after that? Anyone's guess!
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 09 Aug 2014, 03:11:50 pm
And in tonights paper Woods still insists training has gone well this week?????
how can he say that when key players dont even make it  :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Offline wilts marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 09 Aug 2014, 03:24:15 pm
A little blast from the past how a certain NZ coach ran training.

Tuesday: After playing Sunday, (all players) light training session fitness and ball work address any injuries with physio (Donda) refer players requiring further treatment to local physiotherapist or other. Wind down and discussion on how Sundays game had gone.

Thursday: (all players) More intensive fitness training and ball work.

Saturday morning: (using a recording of our next opponents last game, which I sourced for the coach every week) in the directors lounge dissect their play look at the danger men and how to counter their play. Training session concentrating on who we would play the next day, practice moves and coaches "calls". After training pasta meal allowing players to wind down and team bond. Traveling players booked into hotel for Saturday night (John Fieldhouse, Liam Bretherton etc).

Sunday: Home, meet at ground in players room, tea, coffee and fruit drinks supplied by myself, pre match talk from coach opportunity for players to get heads in the right mood. Change rooms and match day. Away games fruit provided by Tesco for players on the coach down and fresh water from Dents of Cleator Moor, match talk on coach then game time.

If only we could have someone like this.  :nod:

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 09 Aug 2014, 03:55:09 pm
Would like this now at haven

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 09 Aug 2014, 10:47:30 pm
The problem there is that some of the lads contracts won't warrant enough for them to miss the opportunity of overtime especially if they are working at Sellafield. Could you really expect guys to turn it down every weekend when they play on Sundays?
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 09 Aug 2014, 11:46:49 pm
Ummm yes ..........

Offline wilts marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 10 Aug 2014, 08:14:19 am
Think HW has hit the nail on the head with that statement which can be summed up in one word, "COMMITMENT" or not as the case may be. During this time I and many of the players worked at Sellafield and made sure I/we never missed a training session. Result, a very good consistent TEAM performance especially at "Fortress Recre" !!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 10 Aug 2014, 12:08:29 pm
woods always says silly mistakes let them back into it or we done school boy errors and they ran away with it, IMO its no wonder if there not ''all'' training as a team they wont be on the same wave length. just hope woods goes on performance and picks the best team to win the game today.

cmon Havennnnnnnnnnnnnnn big games needed now going down aint an option

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 10 Aug 2014, 11:17:42 pm
The problem there is that some of the lads contracts won't warrant enough for them to miss the opportunity of overtime especially if they are working at Sellafield. Could you really expect guys to turn it down every weekend when they play on Sundays?

If they are playing they should be expecting £300 quid winning pay, which i would assume is better than a day's overtime at sellafield.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 10 Aug 2014, 11:26:57 pm

If they are playing they should be expecting £300 quid winning pay, which i would assume is better than a day's overtime at sellafield.
i get 235 for an overtime shift thats first back or night shift 140 after tax so i would say winning pay is better