HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Batley get 3 points back

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:16:08 pm
I never attend RFL events like. cc or GF I will not give any money directly to the clowns who run our game ,this just shows them up as clowns .With the Cumbria review and then this could everything be falling into place for the Rfl to get what they want
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014, 06:00:58 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

beermatt42

Reply #31 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:16:43 pm
I can't see Keighley getting more than 1 point out of their last two games, and Batley perhaps getting 4.  So if Haven just focus on their own game, get the six points and hopefully all will be okay. It doesn't matter what the jam eating bastards are gloating about, they cannot influence havens last two games, only the haven team and manager can do that so let them gloat, they have got nothing better to do.

The RFL are a shambles and the whole matter stinks but  Shaun is right, two wins out of two matches is two fingers up to the lot of them.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:20:24 pm
It just shows what a bunch of kiss arses the RFL are to the clubs outside of cumbria. And to read them up the road gloating on the Batley site makes my blood boil.  Woods should be on to saints now and get whom ever he can in for our last two games.
not me marra. I said on there This makes a mockery of the rules and as everyone is saying what's to now stop teams playing inedgible players for the last two games to try to ensure survival and take a fine. They will probably get match commissioners to make sure there's no ineligible players for the last two games. It could get really messy
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2014, 04:27:05 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:26:07 pm
That isn't going to work though, Batley have got away with it by pleading ignorance, that doesn't open the door for others to do it, because every team should be now double checking if players are eligible.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:27:15 pm
One thing is now that with all this kerfuffle the excuse of being unaware of the rule would not stand up so it would just mean losing the points and I would think a really MASSIVE fine for deliberately doing so. I wonder if the original judgement and the appeal judgement are open to public scrutiny? Perhaps someone from the club could answer. please!

Offline Hope springs eternal

• Academy Signing
Reply #35 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:27:56 pm
To be fair from what I can see/read most Town fans are being sympathetic. This is just the RFL being the RFL, It's frustrating but we have to move on. The whole DR is a joke and hopefully this may be the beginning of the end. We really shouldn't be in this position anyway, Rochdale away, North Wales @ home, silly points thrown away!

beermatt42

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:28:41 pm
One wonders if there are grounds for litigation if clubs go down that wouldn't have if Batley had not been given therei three points back I feel that there is most definitely.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:31:34 pm
Town are back in the brown stuff, i doubt they are over the moon.

Online bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:40:09 pm
This is absolute Bxxxxcks from thr rfl we cant just take this...something needs to be done....dont know what?..

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:42:59 pm
I'm afraid that decision has put the nail in our coffin.
Batley will be cock-a-hoop going into final 2 games, beat Swinton and our heads will be down going into the final game.

Corrupt baskets!!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #41 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:43:43 pm
Haven must challenge this. Go to court the job lot. Somebody has to make a stand its just not on. I can't believe breaking the rules is rewarded. Let's do the same then why the hell not.

Corruption at its worst, backhanders obvious and stinks of the bloody politics

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:44:44 pm
Batley will be cock-a-hoop going into final 2 games, beat Swinton and our heads will be down going into the final game.

Corrupt baskets!!!!

Not really, this should actually make our under performing players, more determined.  And we are only talking about this because of our under performing players.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:49:37 pm

Corrupt baskets!!!!

Not really, this should actually make our under performing players, more determined.  And we are only talking about this because of our under performing players.

Agree, it SHOULD, but I'm not confident they have the ability to do so, we've all seen what happens when the chips are down, they tend to give up!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 28 Aug 2014, 04:51:43 pm

Corrupt baskets!!!!

Agree, it SHOULD, but I'm not confident they have the ability to do so, we've all seen what happens when the chips are down, they tend to give up!

Neither am i lol.  But on paper, these two games should be won.  And won well.