HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Batley get 3 points back

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #60 on: 29 Aug 2014, 08:37:40 am
We can't rely on other clubs being deducted points to save our skins.

The truth is we're in a mess because a) we haven't won enough games & b) when getting beat instead of giving up & getting walloped we should have got stuck in & gone for a bonus point like other teams did.

Also BeerMatt no need for the abuse. Got some good friends in Workington. Just because they support a different team doesn't make them B******s

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #61 on: 29 Aug 2014, 09:03:53 am
For me this whole situation is of the RFL's own making. We breached the DR rule in 2013 but got off with a warning with out it being made public. If the RFL had made our warning public and stated there was no punishment as it did not effect relegation in 2013 then Batley should of had no right of appeal as the rule would of been made more clearer at that time. As the RFL did not punish us last season and did not make our warning public then by rights they can't enforce a rule that has been broken this season but not punished last season. The reason being they would of had a bigger legal fight on there hands if they had upheld the decision as I am sure that Batley and Doncaster would of come toghether to take it further. This now means that the DR system is either scrapped next season or every club that is wanting to use DR should acknowledge that they understand the rule.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #62 on: 29 Aug 2014, 09:47:16 am
Yeah,they don't like being called jam eaters

beermatt42

Reply #63 on: 29 Aug 2014, 10:16:00 am
If you follow it closely you will see that I was only quoting two earlier posts and suggesting that it really doesn't matter.  In effect, I was saying that it's nothing for people to get upset about because two more wins would make it all academic anyway.

All these posts were made almost immediately after yesterdays bombshell and in my opinion the language was justified at that time, but I do apologise to those with a more delicate constitution, it's not the sort of thing we want to read over breakfast!
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014, 10:19:30 am by BeerMatt44 »

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #64 on: 29 Aug 2014, 10:35:32 am
its not town to get at on this issue its the rfl as i said lets stay positive 2 wins and we will be fine. lets see you all at the rec on sunday and give a big shout out for the lads.
born and bred haven.

Popularsider13

Reply #65 on: 29 Aug 2014, 10:37:34 am

How many more times....its ham eaters. Its an easy mistake to make when you consider the Spanish for ham is jamon so don't feel bad about your lack of knowledge  ;)

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #66 on: 29 Aug 2014, 11:48:50 am

How many more times....its ham eaters. Its an easy mistake to make when you consider the Spanish for ham is jamon so don't feel bad about your lack of knowledge  ;)

:tip:
Very good.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014, 12:05:57 pm by African exile »
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #67 on: 29 Aug 2014, 03:52:51 pm
I told you all clearly over two weeks ago what would happen, and I was dead right.

Claim essentially is 'punishment to harsh'........and RFL once again proven to be a bunch of self serving idiots, who simply make it up as they go along, and for their own best ends.

For a start. when ever did two wrongs make a right, and if the claims about haven and York last year are true, the RFL should have made it clear that at that point, it was an end to it, any further transgressions would be held accountable.

Batley have essentially prospered for their wrong doing, and if they stay up, it  may well be at the expense of a club who had absolutely nothing to do with this last year....i.e. it could be town or Cougars who go down due to Batley's ill gained points, .........and THAT JUST HAS TO BE WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS, hence the RFL's decision is also wrong.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014, 03:54:35 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #68 on: 29 Aug 2014, 04:43:21 pm
CB&G, I think I posted similar to you yesterday, I agree with you that it would be a travesty if Town or Keighley were to go down over this the clubs themselves really need to get a grip and start with a cull of all the inefectuals in the HQ and get back to the Council [if we still have one] dictating what will happen and not toadying up to a bunch of as you call them "self serving idiots" who seemingly think they run the the game, the administration has for a long time run the game instead of the clubs running the game and telling the admin staff "do what you are told not what you think".

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #69 on: 29 Aug 2014, 09:00:25 pm
Apparently 5 clubs breached last year