HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

jordan james

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:05:12 pm
Well done town on staying up great effort a big thanks to the pies you not there again jam4me
born and bred haven.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:24:11 pm
Well done town on staying up great effort a big thanks to the pies you not there again jam4me
thanks shaun.  Yes great effort. Well I finished work at 2pm so if you had said you would have paid for me an helicopter to go down I would have. :tip:

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:28:03 pm

They're still not mathematically safe. 6 points ahead of us and Batley but a much better points difference - we'd need a swing of 60 points to overtake them now. Improbable but not impossible.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:36:10 pm
plays for town tonight despite only playing 2 games before the signing deadline, defo will be over the 20k contract etc level , and even though part of the coaching set up it all counts towards the salary cap

seems they either have some special dispensation to play him or the fallout of thursday has started all ready

Could be wrong here but I'm sure he has played 3 times, perhaps his playing contract is under 20k as he is on wigans coaching staff is he not.
Only played 2 games ,but confirmed he is on less than 20k apparently
BKM where is that tonking you said we were getting today :tip:
well done, did you listen to leigh life radio if so you will realise why today you didnt get a hammering
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:46:14 pm
Well done Town, thoroughly deserved. 

Offline town24

• Academy Star
  • bluewhitearmy!
Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2014, 05:47:39 pm
Spoke to a few leigh fans... best team that's been LSV this season ill take that... and 1 point UP THE TOWN

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 30 Aug 2014, 06:57:20 pm
You have to give credit to Town this year.  Their team spirit and dogged determination have got them some vital bonus points and that deservedly has kept them up.   We hasn't shown that spirit  often enough particularly against the better teams.

Offline town24

• Academy Star
  • bluewhitearmy!
Reply #22 on: 30 Aug 2014, 07:33:49 pm
Spirit of our locals they bust a gut for each other... no travellers coming for £££££££££

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 30 Aug 2014, 07:35:15 pm
plays for town tonight despite only playing 2 games before the signing deadline, defo will be over the 20k contract etc level , and even though part of the coaching set up it all counts towards the salary cap

seems they either have some special dispensation to play him or the fallout of thursday has started all ready

Could be wrong here but I'm sure he has played 3 times, perhaps his playing contract is under 20k as he is on wigans coaching staff is he not.
Only played 2 games ,but confirmed he is on less than 20k apparently
BKM where is that tonking you said we were getting today :tip:
well done, did you listen to leigh life radio if so you will realise why today you didnt get a hammering
no marra I was at work. Can you tell me

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 30 Aug 2014, 07:43:47 pm
That lovely fella mark fryer be made up this season with all the wigan lads that have kept them up and Mr charisma will get the credit
born and bred haven.

Popularsider13

Reply #25 on: 30 Aug 2014, 07:54:09 pm
That lovely fella mark fryer be made up this season with all the wigan lads that have kept them up and Mr charisma will get the credit

Don't be bitter fella, do your job and join us

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 30 Aug 2014, 08:06:29 pm
Vievers probably calling his friends down that end for a favour I'd say that's why you never got whopped. Does it all the time. Whinged in yet another point. Hope we stay up and then see what next season brings.

Offline watchfromdistance

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 30 Aug 2014, 08:13:54 pm
Stop being bitter town are safe we need two wins swinton away will be tricky ! Rochdale tomorrow a win -or bust !

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 30 Aug 2014, 08:20:50 pm
Jampots wouldn't be on here if they never got their bonus point. End of.

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 30 Aug 2014, 08:21:39 pm
You have to give credit to Town this year.  Their team spirit and dogged determination have got them some vital bonus points and that deservedly has kept them up.   We hasn't shown that spirit  often enough particularly against the better teams.
Thank you for a bit of credit JPJ.
I come on here as a Workington fan and quite honestly I sometimes cannot believe what I read.
I appreciate that you are Whitehaven and I'm Workington and we both may have our rose tinted specs on, but honestly, I'm sure some of you must shake your heads with despair at what some of your fellow supporters write.
I would like to give you a few figures to mull over. Even i'm confident that we can all agree that Leigh, Fev and Halifax are the three best teams in the league.

Town v Leigh  16-28   Leigh v Town 22-12    agg 28-50     -22 points difference       2 league points
Haven v Leigh 10-24 Leigh v Haven 52-0      agg 10-76     -66 points difference        0 league points

Town v Fev  20-18     Fev v Town  32-20        agg 40-50     -10 points difference       4 league points
Haven v Fev 10-24     Fev v Haven 50-14       agg 38-85     -47 points difference        0 league points

Town  V Fax  20-20      Fax v Town 18-10       agg 30-38      -8 points difference         3 league points
Haven v Fax  14-36      Fax v Haven 52-12      agg 36-88     -52 points difference        0 league points

Surely this shows that Town have competed with the top sides in the league gaining 9 points while Haven didn't get a point.

I appreciate that it is hard to accept but, come on.

Bringing the Jordan James thing up is just grasping at straws. Do you honestly think that Workington would not have checked their position after what has just gone on with Batley and Doncaster?

Good luck in your remaining games and I do think you'll scrape by and stay up.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2014, 08:23:43 pm by GETEMONSIDE »