HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

For the drop.

Guest · 26 · 2302

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #15 on: 03 Sep 2014, 09:03:24 am
I thought as much Shaun  ;)

There is too much at stake to lose on Sunday, Championship survival, a chance to see the legendary Bradford Bulls, the Blackpool magic weekend, TV Broadcasting and extra money all depend on this match and the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Luckily I think you have the right man in Dave Woods and a good team to boot, they will just get on with the job and not even worry about those other things.

Need to use the same tactics again, and just blitz the game in the first half, take control of the match as soon as possible and don't let Swinton back into it.

Just the one match now and this horrendous season will soon be over and never again will five teams be relegated.

It should be a lot easier next year and the team will deserve a well earned break after this one.

Hats off to the mighty Whitehaven  :tip:
good post matt if i didnt know you better i would think your a haven fan.  :D :D :D :tip: :tip: :tip:
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 03 Sep 2014, 10:47:07 am
while the jampies were struggling they were all"we need both teams to stay up.Once they thought they were going to avoid the drop it soon changed and they were full of it.all of sudden they wanted haven down,not like them to change thier opinion on thingsAs it is last game and both teams can still go down
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2014, 11:58:29 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 03 Sep 2014, 11:25:23 am
I thought as much Shaun  ;)

There is too much at stake to lose on Sunday, Championship survival, a chance to see the legendary Bradford Bulls, the Blackpool magic weekend, TV Broadcasting and extra money all depend on this match and the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Luckily I think you have the right man in Dave Woods and a good team to boot, they will just get on with the job and not even worry about those other things.

Need to use the same tactics again, and just blitz the game in the first half, take control of the match as soon as possible and don't let Swinton back into it.

Just the one match now and this horrendous season will soon be over and never again will five teams be relegated.

It should be a lot easier next year and the team will deserve a well earned break after this one.

Hats off to the mighty Whitehaven  :tip:
good post matt if i didnt know you better i would think your a haven fan.  :D :D :D :tip: :tip: :tip:

Wish it would be ''a lot easier next season'' Matt....

Survival this week is just the beginning

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 03 Sep 2014, 12:41:32 pm
while the jampies were struggling they were all"we need both teams to stay up.Once they thought they were going to avoid the drop it soon changed and they were full of it.all of sudden they wanted haven down,not like them to change thier opinion on thingsAs it is last game and both teams can still go down
i think you'll find in both sets of fans there are some who  would like their rivals to stay up and some would like them to go down. Due to the fixtures this weekend I can only see a Yorkshire team going down. I would rather be in the Cumbrian teams current positions than the Yorkshire for this weekend
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2014, 12:46:55 pm by town4me »

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 03 Sep 2014, 04:06:17 pm
Town4me you finally spoke some sense.  I to hope that Keighley or batley go down.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 03 Sep 2014, 04:28:57 pm
I wonder which players your beloved wire will be sending to play for swinton this week.

beermatt42

Reply #21 on: 03 Sep 2014, 05:02:00 pm
I think Warrington need all the players they can get at the moment KTS, but I would watch out for Kevin Penny, very quick sprinter and one of the fastest wingers I have ever seen, need to watch out for him.

He's not very good in defence though, hence the reason he is not at Warrington at the moment.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 03 Sep 2014, 05:22:59 pm
As long as they keep that Benny Westwood away !!!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #23 on: 03 Sep 2014, 05:30:42 pm
Quote from: kiss the snake link=topic=12304.msg170420#msg170420 date=1409761379
As long as they keep that Benny Westwood away !!!
There at saints tomorrow
born and bred haven.

beermatt42

Reply #24 on: 03 Sep 2014, 05:49:09 pm
I don't think there's much to worry about KTS, now the season is nearly over there is hardly any reason for DR any more, what would we be keeping them fit for?  Also, Warrington haven't really been sending that many over to Swinton anyway, maybe earlier on in the season there was Paul Wood who had a long return to fitness to get through, and James Laithwaite who was being introduced to the first team so needed some match time but apart from that there's not been that much interaction between the two clubs.

The only exception is Kevin Penny who has gone on a season long loan to Swinton and like I said he is very quick, but even then he only functions very well in a good team.

For instance, I only saw him once this year when we beat Doncaster 68-0, it's true he scored three tries that day and one of the best I have ever seen in my life when he sprinted 80 metres to score straight from the restart.  The thing is, he can't do that every week in the Championship because he does not have the support of a decent team behind him. That day he was in wing partnership with Joel Monaghan and receiving passes from Chris Bridge etc, the same rules don't apply at Swinton and with the team he is in, there's no way they could beat Doncaster 68-0 so I really wouldn't worry.

A lot of positives are in Whitehavens favour, Swinton aren't exactly playing at home, they are second from bottom and there's no point in DR with two games left in SL, so overall I would say Whitehaven would be fired up, they will get an easy win against a dejected Swinton side and we will all see one of those Yorkshire lot relegated.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 03 Sep 2014, 08:11:47 pm
Really hope it's keighley. After all the hype they have tried on they have ended up with that ******* March. they deserve to go down and if you've tried to drive from Huddersfield to them well just have a go as it's a bit like the road to Barrow.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!