HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Woods

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
on: 07 Sep 2014, 06:06:39 pm
A lot of debate about this season and who should be coach next season.   Personally I like Dave he has a very good public persona.   He knows the game and puts a lot of effort into what he does.

There is no doubt our current set up and training regime can not continue next year.  What ever squad we assemble needs to train together far more often , minimum three time s but realistically more.  Our consistency and disipline were terrible at times.   And you can't help feel we have under achieved.  Not withstanding the RFL i up.

I am into minds I think there is probably more inclination towards a new coach but even more need for a new attitude at the club. It's very difficult to know if Dave has been operating with one hand tied behind his back or something else is the reason. 

We have not achieved our potential this season.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2014, 06:10:25 pm by Johnpauljones »

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2014, 06:23:37 pm
The guys done nothing wrong, and achieved what we asked of him. IMO if he wants to stay with us then he's won the right to do so.

Any coach would like to have his squad training together more often, so I am in no doubt the training regime was adopted by THE CLUB in an effort to attract sufficient high quality travelers so that we had a decent team. The 'keeping fit' addition was part of the deal too, by fitness training when away from club training.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2014, 06:24:49 pm
The guys done nothing wrong, and achieved what we asked of him. IMO if he wants to stay with us then he's won the right to do so.

Any coach would like to have his squad training together more often, so I am in no doubt the training regime was adopted by THE CLUB in an effort to attract sufficient high quality travelers so that we had a decent team. The 'keeping fit' addition was part of the deal too, by fitness training when away from club training.

100% agree. What do fans want! League titles every season. Staying up was the aim. Job done.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2014, 06:49:37 pm
I tend to agree , I would like to have seen more organisation on match days and a fitter more aggressive team.    We certainly were capable but it was like an on off switch.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2014, 08:12:50 pm
We need a team that can listen, train, commit and lastly play with pride when doning the CBG, coach MOB and players need to hit next season at 100%
Question = How many games have we seen the team give 100% over 80 mins and dropped points against other below par teams

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2014, 08:21:06 pm
Marra we are celebrating NOT being relegated. I went today and took a mate of mine who is a Cas supporter and he told me things about Woods that only confirmed what I have said and feel. We must have some sort of reserve team and a coach that not only knows where kells, Egremont and Wath Brow are but can be bothered to go and see them.Also to develope links between our  Copeland clubs to enhance the opportunities for their players to come up through the ranks of semi-pro rugby league.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2014, 08:38:56 pm
thought the fact he didn't acknowledge the fans at the end sums him up perfectly.  Good riddance.

Offline leaguefan06

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2014, 09:43:52 pm
Whitey shows what sort of oerson you are by your comments, I shook every players hand and clapped the supporters whilst I was doing this, I then stood and clapped them before I went down the tunnel. I shook hands with a couple if supporters that lent over the tunnel wall.
You must be one he'll of a good coach the way you tslk so maybe you should apply for the position. Some of the comments you have made throughout the year have been very far of the mark and you always only hear one side to the story.
I'm dissappounted that you continually want to listen to gossip and think it is correct and don't think to come to training and ask me in person, if always be honest and tell you but I'm also dissappounted in the fact that the boys have stayed in the league with a limited squad, limited budget and many other things that have happened from the start of the league and you want to carry on instead if being happy.
I might add I also sent a tweet that said thanks to Shaun for organising the buses and for all the travelling supporters for their support today skmethjng I also mentioned on radio.
Enjoy.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2014, 09:49:15 pm
Whitey shows what sort of oerson you are by your comments, I shook every players hand and clapped the supporters whilst I was doing this, I then stood and clapped them before I went down the tunnel. I shook hands with a couple if supporters that lent over the tunnel wall.
You must be one he'll of a good coach the way you tslk so maybe you should apply for the position. Some of the comments you have made throughout the year have been very far of the mark and you always only hear one side to the story.
I'm dissappounted that you continually want to listen to gossip and think it is correct and don't think to come to training and ask me in person, if always be honest and tell you but I'm also dissappounted in the fact that the boys have stayed in the league with a limited squad, limited budget and many other things that have happened from the start of the league and you want to carry on instead if being happy.
I might add I also sent a tweet that said thanks to Shaun for organising the buses and for all the travelling supporters for their support today skmethjng I also mentioned on radio.
Enjoy.

Well said pal. Job done stayed up and u r correct, some fans think we are millionaires.

Even gave us a wave during game today.
 ;) ;)

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2014, 09:51:21 pm
Are you staying Dave?

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52:40 pm
I suspect this is an issue the club and CEO need to clarify , what are their expectations or even requirements as to players attendance at training.  What are the club going to do to correct this seasons obvious issues .

I suspect unless you have a willing group of enthusiastic players turning up four times a week .....Wayne Bennett would struggle.

I hate referencing Town but at least they had the majority their players  training each session.  In those circumstances you can achieve a hell of a lot with limited resources.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 07 Sep 2014, 09:52:56 pm
Enjoy.

It was far from just me who was disappointed you didn't stay on the pitch...  A limited squad? far better on paper than the 3 teams who finished directly above us.  And it was YOUR attitude who made 3 players walk away from the club.  As for your tactics...  Tom Carr kicking ahead of Cain at NWC, you not know your kickers stats?  Because i do.  And you had Cain kicking the week after...

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2014, 09:57:37 pm
Let look back. Since Steve mac, every coach as taken some stick. It's worse than the England footie job. But gellar and woods have done what was asked. One was promoted the other to stay in league. We are not Leigh, fev or fax and have loads of cash.

I'm happy job done. My point about the wave was imo he acknowledged us fans in his own way and you must respect that.

Not everybody dances and sings some people are calm etc

Thanks for keeping us up Mr woods when FIVE went down out if 14. That's about 33%. Think about people and enjoy

Offline batty

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:12:23 pm
Well done  Mr Woods,and Haven! ignore Whitey as the only Whitehaven fan who thought Calverts  try was forward he is obviously short sighted,and didn't see your wave.I for one hope you stay,and build a team for what will be another tough season.Thank you!

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:14:48 pm
Think of this we were never going to be in the top 33% and 33% went down. Not a bad result being in the middle 33%.

FFS smile we are staying up.