HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Woods

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:16:44 pm
Not sure you can be to critical based on individual games .  Injuries , attitude , luck all come into it.

First of all we have stayed up which is a huge achievement and the number one priority.   The players rose to the occasion when it mattered.

I defiantly think there has to be a fundamental change in approach next year in terms of preparation and locality of players but that isn't the coaches choice. It's the boards.  I am sure if asked DW would have had the players training every day but that wasn't possible with the squad and contractual agreements.

Best way to view is we crossed the line in a winning spot nd now let's learn the lessons from the last race.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:27:14 pm
Funny this thread, he didn't have ONE backer after the NWC game on the Woods out thread i started, now all of a sudden he is a world beater.  :D :D :D :D :D

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #17 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:32:16 pm
So the improvement since then has nowt to do with the coach?

If not who Paul daniels?

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:32:35 pm
Funny this thread, he didn't have ONE backer after the NWC game on the Woods out thread i started, now all of a sudden he is a world beater.  :D :D :D :D :D

Agree with you marra, if samir played more game time we could of done better, best forward at our club, shame he his leaving along with half a dozen more, woods as played a big part in our poor season with letting players leave, samir not in, not attending training, not going on team bus, us fans have our opinions.
Up The Haven

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:33:55 pm
Oh for muffs sake we have stayed up we have won 13 games , 2 more than the two teams above us and 4 less than fourth place.  Yes we have stuffed up some games  and we may even have under achieved but at least tonight recognise we have achieved our objective and be happy. 

Christ if pea brain hadn't robbed us of three points at Town today would have been a none issue.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:35:03 pm
So the improvement since then has nowt to do with the coach?

If not who Paul daniels?

Yeah, we played really well at Fev, Fax, Wales again, donny, town, sheffield.  ::)

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:36:22 pm
Whats with all this 'they didnt come and wave to us fans' malarkey. What a load of tosh. If they get beat by 60 & then cone out & give a cursory clap is everyone happy with that. Total rubbish I'd rather they keep a bit of decorum & lets just get on with things that are more important.

Offline leaguefan06

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 07 Sep 2014, 10:54:41 pm
I didn't stay on the pitch because it was the boys time, they deserved the accolades not me, they are the ones that put their bodies on the line and I was a little emotional, a great day, great win, greT crowd support and not knowing whether I'm in a job so that is why I clapped the supporters and left the players to lap it up, sorry if this offends some but that is me.

We must have missed a trick there because unfortunately you don't play on paper, so that argument doesn't wash with me, you need to do it on the park. We won more games than two teams in front of us and beat everyone except the top three who have far far greater resources and finances than we did.

As for my attitude to losing three players, you don't know the full story only one side and I guarantee it isn't the correct side, I'm not about to broadcast here what exchanges took place but would be more than happy to so so face to face.

Just so you know Tom Carr kicked that game because Caun had a leg injury, wow there's a surprise we didn't tell you the reason for that happening, maybe I should have called to get your permission, same as last week we were criticised for taking two points from a penalty when we were leading so well, that was so we could show them we were playing at our pace and not letting them dictate the speed of play.

I know I will not be liked by everyone and don't expect to be but it irritates me when some people think they are well informed when they aren't, stories like me going to Rochdale, a club I have never spoken to, like Cain missing last week with a tooth ache when he had a wisdom tooth out and when stitches were removed they became infected and had to be re stitched, so unfortunately not everything you hear is gospel.

Again I would like to thank all the supporters for coming down today you were great. Whitest just remind me how many premiership wins you've played in or coached, I'd be interested to know.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 07 Sep 2014, 11:02:52 pm
so has he gone and steve deacon moves in tomorrow

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 07 Sep 2014, 11:19:48 pm
I have run the bus all this season with a great set of fans and got to know our head coach Dave woods well and will call him my marra before all the whatever fans say about Dave he is a winner and a top notch coach 5 teams went out of this league we won more games than the jambos. Dave woods done what he was paid to do keep us in this league and I respect the man.
born and bred haven.

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 07 Sep 2014, 11:23:20 pm
I think the last post is a fitting summary at the end of the season.  Job done.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 07 Sep 2014, 11:28:35 pm
Job done just get the damn players u want signed up before they move on oh and think we have found our new fullback for 2015 he's been immense the 3 games there we can't mess about now

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #27 on: 07 Sep 2014, 11:29:07 pm
I didn't stay on the pitch because it was the boys time, they deserved the accolades not me, they are the ones that put their bodies on the line and I was a little emotional, a great day, great win, greT crowd support and not knowing whether I'm in a job so that is why I clapped the supporters and left the players to lap it up, sorry if this offends some but that is me.

We must have missed a trick there because unfortunately you don't play on paper, so that argument doesn't wash with me, you need to do it on the park. We won more games than two teams in front of us and beat everyone except the top three who have far far greater resources and finances than we did.

As for my attitude to losing three players, you don't know the full story only one side and I guarantee it isn't the correct side, I'm not about to broadcast here what exchanges took place but would be more than happy to so so face to face.

Just so you know Tom Carr kicked that game because Caun had a leg injury, wow there's a surprise we didn't tell you the reason for that happening, maybe I should have called to get your permission, same as last week we were criticised for taking two points from a penalty when we were leading so well, that was so we could show them we were playing at our pace and not letting them dictate the speed of play.

I know I will not be liked by everyone and don't expect to be but it irritates me when some people think they are well informed when they aren't, stories like me going to Rochdale, a club I have never spoken to, like Cain missing last week with a tooth ache when he had a wisdom tooth out and when stitches were removed they became infected and had to be re stitched, so unfortunately not everything you hear is gospel.

Again I would like to thank all the supporters for coming down today you were great. Whitest just remind me how many premiership wins you've played in or coached, I'd be interested to know.

Enough said. Well done marra. I hope you are with us next year, but if not all the best

Offline batty

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 07 Sep 2014, 11:32:01 pm
I have run the bus all this season with a great set of fans and got to know our head coach Dave woods well and will call him my marra before all the whatever fans say about Dave he is a winner and a top notch coach 5 teams went out of this league we won more games than the jambos. Dave woods done what he was paid to do keep us in this league and I respect the man.
Well said Sean.

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 08 Sep 2014, 12:01:57 am
"We won more games than two teams in front of us and beat everyone except the top three who have far far greater resources and finances than we did."

I don't think Wales finished in the top three did they ??? Time for a change, yes we stopped up, were the performances good enough......I would say no !