HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Woods

Offline Thunderclap

• Academy Signing
Reply #150 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:14:45 am
his cv speaks for its self before us he was sacked at every club he has been at, if I had been sacked from previous jobs I would not get a start anywhere else the guy was lucky to get a job.

Dave Woods had a year contract at Castleford - they won promotion - in the off season he was told they would not renew the contract.
At Gateshead he was on a further contract after they won promotion - he was sacked - the club liquidated before the full facts were made public.
At York - in the off season,he was sacked.He may or may not have been on a rolling contract but the case was heard at court.
At Whitehaven - Contract not renewed.

Are you going to let everyone know how many clubs Wayne Bennett has coached at and how successful he has been this year?
Is Wayne Bennett lucky to get another job?
Is Wayne Bennet arrogant because he doesn't speak to the media very often,if at all,and doesn't take to being too friendly after a defeat?

I think Dave Woods is best out of it.Stick to calling each other jam-eaters.Wholly intelligent and forward thinking.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #151 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:17:15 am
his cv speaks for its self before us he was sacked at every club he has been at, if I had been sacked from previous jobs I would not get a start anywhere else the guy was lucky to get a job.

Dave Woods had a year contract at Castleford - they won promotion - in the off season he was told they would not renew the contract.
At Gateshead he was on a further contract after they won promotion - he was sacked - the club liquidated before the full facts were made public.
At York - in the off season,he was sacked.He may or may not have been on a rolling contract but the case was heard at court.

Are you going to let everyone know how many clubs Wayne Bennett has coached at and how successful he has been this year?
Is Wayne Bennet arrogant because he doesn't speak to the media very often,if at all,and doesn't take to being too friendly after a defeat?

I think Dave Woods is best out of it.Stick to calling each other jam-eaters.Wholly intelligent and forward thinking.
where's the like button when you wanna use it

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #152 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:26:11 am
we will need more than local talent to compete in an even tougher league next season, up to 5 full time teams, need to make full use of overseas quota and have 2/3 quality travelling players.The main thing is the majority of the squad have to based locally
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #153 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:37:19 am
a few locals yes but if we gamble on loads in this league god help us.
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #154 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:40:28 am
only locals we can pick up are the amateurs maybe a couple of the barrow players from millom because sadly town have the bulk of experienced players i know weve got some good locals but not as many as them

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #155 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:49:46 am
its a fine balance shaun but one that we could get right
 we have 9/10 players already capable and all local or living local

calvert
burns
maca
newton
crellin
quinn
farra
mitchell
jjp
seymour

we need to add 5 or 6 of the best local talent both pro and amatuer
mosssop
dawson both from millom and were some of barrows best players

connor holiday
dixon
huby
or players of the same ilk

then 2 or 3 quality travellers

if the one i heard has signed is right then 3 players of that quality would do for the travelers, id love ainy to be our FB and keep one of our three props

and 2 or 3 quality over seas players who will also live local

that would give us 22 quality players most who would be living local, then continue the link the scholarship to plug any gaps should we get a run of injuries.If the make up of the squad is as such we will be better off from day one.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #156 on: 10 Sep 2014, 11:34:06 am

your really comparing wayne Bennett to dave woods?  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ok if you want to go down that route dave woods has won championship and championship 1.

wayne Bennett
1994: Received a Medal of the Order of Australia "in recognition of service to the sport of Rugby League, particularly as coach of the Brisbane Broncos"[43]
1997: Super League Coach of the Year
2000: NRL Coach of the Year
2000: Received an Australian Sports Medal for "significant contribution to the development of sport"[44]
2004: Was made a Member of the Order of Australia for "service to Rugby League football, particularly as a coach, and to the community"[45]
2012: Was inducted into the Sport Australia Hall of Fame[46]
add to that the titles and the fact he coached Australia get a grip.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #157 on: 10 Sep 2014, 11:40:04 am
rarther than slagging people off let dave woods go with his dignity in tact the guy done his job and what he was paid to do. well done dave thanks for everything and good luck for the future no doudt be at another club soon.
cheers mate shaun
born and bred haven.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #158 on: 10 Sep 2014, 11:48:49 am
Woods had good points and bad points, just like any previous coaches, and no doubt like any future coaches.

He was given a remit to keep us in this league, and achieved that goal, ok by the skin of our teeth but goal achieved.

I don't go with this "with the squad we have" rubbish, as in all honesty our squad ain't that good.

My downside with woods was his persistent whinging after games about not playing to game plans, all he had to do was grow a set and drop the players who he thought weren't carrying out his orders and then those who left would probably have stayed.

Whoever comes in for next season is going to have one hell of a task keeping us up, its going to be such a lopsided league!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #159 on: 10 Sep 2014, 01:46:38 pm
Totally agree puppeaster. For me I'm neither happy nor sad at him going. He did a pretty good job in avoiding relegation but maybe with the squad we had should have done better.

Next season is a new chapter and our division will be a mighty hard 1 with several full time teams. Someone new at the helm to move the club forward is possibly what we need. Has to be done soon tho as players quickly get snapped up. We also need a nucleus of local based players as training just twice a week will only mean 1 thing !!!!!