HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Woods

Offline chris robinson

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 08 Sep 2014, 01:15:16 am
Ok, everyone is entitled to an opinion, so won't criticise there. However, some of the postings on this site regarding the coach have been ill informed and without justification. Mr Woods, has done what we all wanted, and expected ie; to stay in this division. For that I personally thank him. I hope he stays with the club and is allowed to build on this year as next season it will be very tough and we need continuity. Too many feel the need to criticise, which is their right, but criticism is useless if not in possession of the facts, and too often posters on here work off hearsay. Enough said. Roll on next season.

beermatt42

Reply #31 on: 08 Sep 2014, 07:02:55 am
Some people aren't happy unless they are unhappy! That's the problem.  I think Dave Woods has done a marvellous job in difficult circumstances, and so has the team. Don't forget, this is a year when five teams got relegated, it was horrendous for all the teams involved and Dave Woods and the team now deserve a well earned break. Their efforts were appreciated and no-one needs the complaints, what good does it do?
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2014, 07:05:01 am by BeerMatt44 »

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #32 on: 08 Sep 2014, 07:25:33 am
I would keep Dave woods if possible

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 08 Sep 2014, 07:52:44 am
Done well,early season I feared the worst.But since the NWC at home debacle we have more often than not performed well,ran Donny and eagles very close away games we would normally get a tonking .7 of our wins have came against teams that stayed up,some of who batley and dews we beat twice.I am under no illusion next year is going to be much more difficult ,and if we are to do anything we need more players based local and training schedule needs looked at as at times this season it's been not acceptable with players not turning up.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline arfwayliner

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 08 Sep 2014, 09:26:39 am
The team and coach have shown what they can do this year just not consistent enough. Results like NWC at home really p*ss the fans off because they know they can do much better. It's also been frustrating when it's obvious that BPs would make the difference the seeming lack of desire to keep playing to earn one when other teams, Town in particular,  do.
We have some real talented players this year just look at how many are now wanted by other SL2 clubs, I think that says we could and should have achieved a play off place.

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 08 Sep 2014, 10:38:09 am
I'm not comfortable with a Coach taking on a fan in a public forum though I guess it is good to see a bit of "fire in the belly".

Whitey, if you wish you may want to take Coach Woods up on his offer and arrange a time to meet so that you can both discuss your approach and concerns.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 08 Sep 2014, 11:59:34 am
that squad on paper should not have been anywhere near the bottom 5 and a better coach would have got us away from there like a McCormack. only far woods didn't take any plaudits as he doesn't even take training stuart Wilkinson takes it!

time for a new coach someone who can face people when we have lost and doesn't just got home like he has many times!

beermatt42

Reply #37 on: 08 Sep 2014, 12:44:48 pm
I'm not comfortable with a Coach taking on a fan in a public forum though I guess it is good to see a bit of "fire in the belly".

Whitey, if you wish you may want to take Coach Woods up on his offer and arrange a time to meet so that you can both discuss your approach and concerns.

Speaking as an outsider here, I found it quite refreshing to hear Dave Woods comments. This is a man who has took the flak at the speed of light for months and yet bore it all with quiet dignity, he has done the business and is now entitled to reply.

The man is dignified, honourable and justified, he is entitled to his opinion and is quite righteous in them too. Well done Dave pal, hope to see you at Blackpool next summer, you're a good man!

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 08 Sep 2014, 01:10:15 pm

Be interesting to see if Whitey comes from behind his name, as DW has done. We will never know 100% what goes on behind the scenes! why players leave,why players are dropped, all we get is rumours.

Thought it was brave of Dave to Out himself, waited with baited breath, to see if Whitey follows.

HW

Offline baldy bonce

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 08 Sep 2014, 02:18:23 pm
If crack at yesterday's game is correct then Dave woods days as haven coach are up.Not been the most popular of coaches we have had in recent years but that said has done the job asked of him. If he is to leave then I would like to thank him for keeping us up. The BOD need to act quickly if they don't think Dave is the man to take us forward,and also signing new players to replace those off to pastures new!!

Offline #eggchaser

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 08 Sep 2014, 03:30:43 pm
board meeting tonight. if you were at the kells game saturday you will know who was mentioned.
8ry4n

Offline batty

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 08 Sep 2014, 04:33:08 pm
board meeting tonight. if you were at the kells game saturday you will know who was mentioned.
I wasn't at the kells match on Saturday,so who was mentioned.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 08 Sep 2014, 04:46:00 pm
Would like to know Masel

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #43 on: 08 Sep 2014, 05:06:06 pm
heard it was steve deakin.//

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 08 Sep 2014, 05:08:37 pm

I don't mind it at all, we have shared some private messages and he would have had a lot more support if he had said things out in the open rather than waiting to be approached.  Not everyone can approach him, ie i live 100 miles away, some people aren't confident enough and some people just don't want to.