HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New Coach... who would you like

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 10 Sep 2014, 08:26:44 am
Club statement is time to move forward in a New direction

Steve mack...highly unlikely rumoured t be joining the wigan set up
Wilko...... seems to have impressed people and him and seeds as  duo would make a very good team
deakin...... dont know much about him so cant really comment
Charlo.... done ok up the road but just ok, and that isnt what is needed next season
goulding.... no thank you
Roe.......no thank you
There will be no shortage of quality applicants, coaching in a league that includes former SL teams etc will be a big pull

a random suggestion   francis Cummins?
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2014, 08:39:30 am
Deffo don't want Cummings, was very vocal in his hatred and opposition of promotion and relegation, can't have a coach who doesn't believe in or agree with the very essence of our game!
Paul Deacon from Wigan set up maybe?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2014, 08:45:36 am
Theres 6 in the running i have heard

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2014, 08:52:08 am
hasnt he already been told  ;) ;)
born and bred haven.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2014, 08:57:18 am
getting key play makers and other hard to get positions should be high on the bods list too, think its going to be a harder division to be in next year so leaven key players on the back burner to late in the season or getting ols SL loan players that aint fit to slow or wanting to go yam, isnt going to put the club in the right direction
As for a coach we need 1 that has good contacts and in the know with players to bring in to the team

Offline Haven n Proud

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2014, 09:03:52 am
For me I'd like to see 1 or 2 of the following:
Rob Purdham
Gary Charlton
Seedsy
Howard Hill
Get someone local who will reconnect us with the local clubs and get pride back into playing for a full 80 for the full season. Would take Purdham as first choice though and keep Stuart as his assistant.

Offline RonnietheRhino

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2014, 09:21:18 am
As much as I respect Seedsy as both a player and a person, Dave has been involved twice in the Haven coaching staff in the last four year. This is like going back to the days of appointing Phil Kitchin every few years back in the late 70's/early 80's.
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2014, 09:23:14 am by RonnietheRhino »

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2014, 09:45:56 am
steve mack is off to wigan for definite.

personally id like to see sean long with rob purdham as his assistant both well respected both have good connections in the game.

few random ones
john duffy
francis cummins
karl Harrison
gary Broadbent (done a cracking job with walney)

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2014, 09:47:51 am

personally id like to see sean long with rob purdham as his assistant both well respected both have good connections in the game.

few random ones
john duffy
francis cummins
karl Harrison
dosnt have good connections in hills,lads,corals, bet fred put a big line through that name  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2014, 09:59:48 am

few random ones
john duffy
francis cummins
karl Harrison
dosnt have good connections in hills,lads,corals, bet fred put a big line through that name  :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

cant argue with his playing record achieved more than woodsy has and never been sacked from a club.
Broadbent and purdham would be a good coaching duo. could even throw Leroy into that

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:34:36 am
the ideal new coach should be sean drinkwater. he has all the connections on his facebook/twitter. he can allso tap in to his connection with his beloved wigan.  :D

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:39:54 am
the ideal new coach should be sean drinkwater. he has all the connections on his facebook/twitter. he can allso tap in to his connection with his beloved wigan.  :D
its spelled shaun you seem to talk a good game send me your cv i will consider you as no.2.  :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2014, 11:16:03 am
who ever the coach is he needs everyone's support from day one
If you look back to recent coaches (and i include myself in this) all but  one of them have had a torrid time off fans at some stage during their tenure, either on here or at the ground during and after games
 stokes,gailer, woods all did what was asked of them  and did the  best they could for the club  often in very difficult circumstances ,yet all have been coped fair amounts of flak some totally uncalled for.
Only seedsy has been sparred this and that is down to his status with in the clubs history and being held in such high regard by us fans.

We have a New BOD ,building a new team and have to trust them to appoint the best coach with in our means  to take us forward.
A prime example is the reaction when we signed cotter this season, yet he has been excellent for us .
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline batty

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2014, 11:52:23 am
its spelled shaun you seem to talk a good game send me your cv i will consider you as no.2.  :D :D :D :D
Shaun I haven't been on the forum long,but is 40/20 a ex girlfriend/wife, it might just be me but I sense some tension! :D :D :D

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2014, 12:25:35 pm
shaun sorry got your name wrong .