According to the pale today six applicants are waiting

smoke screen.

deakin it is. with seedsy and the ever reliable dave smith
8ry4n

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:11:27 pm
i would hope we advertise the post, you never know who may be interested

We haven't really got time for that, the BOD obviously new Dave wasn't staying so should have someone lined up already.  We can't have the BOD deciding who our squad is like in Woods first season.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:16:22 pm
According to the pale today six applicants are waiting

smoke screen.

deakin it is. with seedsy and the ever reliable dave smith

Would personally like a clear out of all old staff, let Deakin bring in who he wants.

HW

Offline HarryB

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:35:48 pm
Doesn't matter who you get, there's that many super league standard coaches on here, appoint Jimmy clem and you guys just tell him what to do, you're all that knowledgeable, train 12 times a week, force local to sign for free for the glory of haven, make travellers move to kells, then if he doesn't do everything perfect harangue him online until he quits

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:49:24 pm
Doesn't matter who you get, there's that many super league standard coaches on here, appoint Jimmy clem and you guys just tell him what to do, you're all that knowledgeable, train 12 times a week, force local to sign for free for the glory of haven, make travellers move to kells, then if he doesn't do everything perfect harangue him online until he quits
I take ur cheesed off about woods leaving Marra?

Offline wilts marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:52:23 pm
Come on Shaun you hinted in your comment on the N&S you know who it is !! Spill the beans Marra.  :nod:

Offline HarryB

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 10 Sep 2014, 11:41:11 pm
No not really I'm a town fan, Just feel a bit sorry for the fella and some of the players, Mr woods was employed by haven and uprooted to move to the area, in addition to coaching he runs a bar I believe,so he has a day job too, added to this , in order to make decent team the board have had to pay over the odds for players to come from outside the county and bow to demands to train no more than twice per week so the board need to take some responsibility for their recruitment policy and poor relations with amateur clubs, town have worked really hard to forge amateur links, just look at the local coaches who done the recent youth coaching at Town Gary schofield plus charlo egremont, Peter Smith kells and county open age, Craig barker elbra, Chris Fisher Glasson, Barla and Cumbria under 17's, Cresta Dalton and Barla head of coaching whereas haven have a link with the academy and the academy is held in scant regard by every amateur club in Cumbria so that adds to amateur reluctance to sign at haven.
Added to that the criticism of travellers, none of the trvellers are full time and have to hold.down jobs at home , having to come in off a shift then get in the car, drive at least a couple of hours to training, put in a session get home late go to.bed get up n go to work then do home fitness a couple of nights you may get an idea why an extra night may push them too far, they done have cushy shift jobs on.sight like bkm with little else.to do or mooch around.the harbour.
I just think that the bloke done a difficult job reasonably well, kept you up from a difficult position in a tough league with a mixed bag of players on limited resources, you all look back with rose tinted glasses on the McCormack days but look how good a squad you had and what you paid them, it damn near finished you. I just think that it's time to wake up and realise whoever you get in without a sugar daddy they cannot compete with the m62 corridor teams period!
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2014, 11:46:45 pm by HarryB »

ca28

Reply #39 on: 11 Sep 2014, 06:47:24 am
No not really I'm a town fan, Just feel a bit sorry for the fella and some of the players, Mr woods was employed by haven and uprooted to move to the area, in addition to coaching he runs a bar I believe,so he has a day job too, added to this , in order to make decent team the board have had to pay over the odds for players to come from outside the county and bow to demands to train no more than twice per week so the board need to take some responsibility for their recruitment policy and poor relations with amateur clubs, town have worked really hard to forge amateur links, just look at the local coaches who done the recent youth coaching at Town Gary schofield plus charlo egremont, Peter Smith kells and county open age, Craig barker elbra, Chris Fisher Glasson, Barla and Cumbria under 17's, Cresta Dalton and Barla head of coaching whereas haven have a link with the academy and the academy is held in scant regard by every amateur club in Cumbria so that adds to amateur reluctance to sign at haven.
Added to that the criticism of travellers, none of the trvellers are full time and have to hold.down jobs at home , having to come in off a shift then get in the car, drive at least a couple of hours to training, put in a session get home late go to.bed get up n go to work then do home fitness a couple of nights you may get an idea why an extra night may push them too far, they done have cushy shift jobs on.sight like bkm with little else.to do or mooch around.the harbour.
I just think that the bloke done a difficult job reasonably well, kept you up from a difficult position in a tough league with a mixed bag of players on limited resources, you all look back with rose tinted glasses on the McCormack days but look how good a squad you had and what you paid them, it damn near finished you. I just think that it's time to wake up and realise whoever you get in without a sugar daddy they cannot compete with the m62 corridor teams period!

Good post  :tip:

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 11 Sep 2014, 08:37:21 am
Cause town are doing so well,they used DR as much as any team in this league and without it they would be down,and without BP they would have been cut a drift by the end of May and would probably not have recovered from that .We keep hearing from them how much better they are than us etc etc ,well they won one less game and points difference is only 17 between the 2 teams.
You mention paying over the odds, why is that after a succesfull season in 2013 town went with a small squad and relying on DR in 2014 could it be paying over the odds to keep the locals meant the pot was empty, and from what we hear from some of your players over the last month or two it seems the same is happening again.They seem willing to pay anything to stop them going else where.
We developed goods links with the scholarship and repead the benfits with quinn and farrar, a massivly succesfull charity game along with the kids offers from mid season onwards so more young fans coming to games
I could go on but just to highlight the difference between the 2 clubs in many aspects are minimal
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2014, 09:13:32 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline CUMBRIANFAN123

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 11 Sep 2014, 08:55:03 am
Cause town are doing so well,they used DR as much as any team in this league and without it they would be down,and without BP they would have been cut a drift by the end of May and would probably not have recovered from that .We keep hearing from them how much better they are than us etc etc ,well they won one less game and points difference is only 17 between the 2 teams.
Take everyone's bonus points off them keighley would still be 10th and town would be 9th

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:10:56 am
Take everyone's bonus points off them keighley would still be 10th and town would be 9th
true, but you miss the point.Half way through the season without BP town would have been so far behind the top 9 pyshcologically it would have been very difficult to recover(even with the BP some of your own fans feared the worst) being so far adrift would the same fight they showed in june july to get some big points still have been there
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2014, 09:12:44 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HarryB

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:40:56 am
Missing the point BKM, I mean both teams will always be fighting to achieve a high level of success due to the limited number of quality locals available and why Mr Woods and Vievers jobs are difficult working within current constructions, the most successful periods in recent history led both clubs into severe finanacial strife.
Was just pointing out that there are a lot of unrealistic expectations by the fans on here with little empathy for the players and coaches.
It is not an us v you argument HIM but your twisted physche sees it as that.

• Haven Legend
Reply #44 on: 11 Sep 2014, 09:48:33 am
Missing the point BKM, I mean both teams will always be fighting to achieve a high level of success due to the limited number of quality locals available and why Mr Woods and Vievers jobs are difficult working within current constructions, the most successful periods in recent history led both clubs into severe finanacial strife.
Was just pointing out that there are a lot of unrealistic expectations by the fans on here with little empathy for the players and coaches.
It is not an us v you argument HIM but your twisted physche sees it as that.
i don't see it mentioning any of towns areas for improvement do you,just reads as a veiled dig at haven while saying how wonderfull town are.
THE MULLET IS BACK