HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ainscough

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #45 on: 21 Sep 2014, 05:39:51 pm
Greenshields is way to old.  He was obviously a good player in his time but 33 is way to old for an outside back.  We have to stop going down this same path with older players.

Same goes for Seymour unless is committed to losing weight and getting fit we should sign him.   We shouldn't be carrying players who can't contribute to all aspects of the game.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #46 on: 21 Sep 2014, 06:02:59 pm
Too be fair last few games Seymour seemed to have shed some timber and run the show,with preseason he will do well for us next season
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #47 on: 21 Sep 2014, 07:56:53 pm
Chris Taylor has been signed by Halifax from Wigan.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #48 on: 21 Sep 2014, 08:15:10 pm
I have checked the Halifax Web site, and yes taylor has signed for them but there is no mention of Carl Forster signing for them. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope he will sign for us.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #49 on: 21 Sep 2014, 08:16:30 pm
I have checked the Halifax Web site, and yes taylor has signed for them but there is no mention of Carl Forster signing for them. Maybe there is a glimmer of hope he will sign for us.
Offers on the table
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #50 on: 21 Sep 2014, 09:28:17 pm
Same every season recently...........no props and the need to build a new and different squad from last year.......never enough continuity IMO, and this year it includes a new coach too.

Gonna be hard to impossible this I think.

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #51 on: 21 Sep 2014, 10:31:46 pm
If you want continuity you have to have a locally based team.  Dare I say it aka like Town.

Signing loads  from Yorkshire and Lancs will always lead to a high turnover of players and starting from scratch each season.

Prop is a big issue for us we basically need four quality props .  Foster would be a good signing but I am not hopeful if Fax want him.  Think we have signed Ben Davies from Barrow.  Bit dubious that he is good or big enough to be honest.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2014, 10:33:28 pm by Johnpauljones »