HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

14 players

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #150 on: 21 Oct 2014, 06:40:48 pm
We have only released Doran and it looks like Thorman, the rest had already jumped ship.  What we meant to do, hold a gun to there heads?  And to be honest, bar Foster the rest weren't good enough last season consistently, so arent a miss imo.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #151 on: 21 Oct 2014, 07:05:02 pm
Thinking back to the official statement issued by our BOD when Mr.Woods departed these shores,it was suggested the club needed a new direction .A  more Local squad to reconnect with the community was muted And on the back of this we have seen several high profile departures from our travelling contingent.What appears to be happening is the plan for a more Local squad was not well thought through and has been harder to attain than expected given we have missed out on several key players .The result being it looks like we will be recruiting just as many out of towners some of whom will be far less capable than those let go and certainly not the merit of a transfer fee.If true these are 2 very poor quality journey men who fit neither bill of young or local.This season will be so much tougher than the last ,alas I fear our squad will be considerably weaker than the last .
26 and 28 not exactly old timers give the lads a chance

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #152 on: 21 Oct 2014, 11:10:09 pm
Can anyone really say hand on heart they would have selected the Coyle brothers as the sort of players we would be signing to try and keep us in this league.  I agree they deserve a chance but I don't agree that the players we are signing and suggested to have signed ( ex Oldham Fullabck) from Lancs are as good as those we had last year.

Ainscough , Mitchell , Doran , Thorman, Carr , Taylor need to  replaced by some quality,particularly if we can't fall back on the st Helens dual reg of Foster and Hand.  That's a lot of quality left and I just don't see those two as adequate standard or replacements.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014, 11:12:30 pm by Johnpauljones »

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #153 on: 21 Oct 2014, 11:59:31 pm
did coyle not play in the Barrow side that won the league and GF?

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #154 on: 22 Oct 2014, 05:04:28 pm
And if one if the Coyles is assistant coach ten presumably he will be doing the Tuesday training for the Lancashire players?