HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

14 players

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #45 on: 28 Sep 2014, 02:31:10 pm
BKM your the main one moaning on about locals vrs travelers over past couple of seasons.....seems like the BOD have listened to you and your about to get your 'locals vrs travelers' desires granted.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #46 on: 28 Sep 2014, 02:56:41 pm
BKM your the main one moaning on about locals vrs travelers over past couple of seasons.....seems like the BOD have listened to you and your about to get your 'locals vrs travelers' desires granted.
i have , when we train together once a week as a full squad and have ony 6/7 on the bus to away games  do you blame me, we will always need travelers that is not in question.Its the number thats the issue.Two or three quality travellers can really boost the squad without  impacting too much on training or away travel, especially if we go back to saturday morning trainig which is a must.
The issue now was to keep 2/3 of our best travellers and strengthen  the squad from both local and overseas ( we missed out on some of the few local pro players who were available ).Now it looks like we have dispensed with all our travellers . We have added davies , hepi(with he travel or live here) both good signings

so going on whos signed

davies
hepi
jjp
burns
newts
quinn
milburn   plus
calvert
maca
crellin
seymour

thats 11 players, so we are about 14 players short , if we fill the remaining 3 overseas player spaces( which i very much doubt we plan to do) thats still 11 short of a squad.?
Where are these  players coming from to provide not just the skill but more important the experinence we have lost .
My Guess is we will traget loads of amatuers but sign 3 or 4 , then fill the rest with travelling players no better than what we already had
so we go into a tougher league with a weaker squad.Hope im wrong
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #47 on: 28 Sep 2014, 03:04:43 pm
Thing is we must have a load of cash as all the players that have left will have been on huge money so money shouldn't be a problem as is shown with offering two year contracts for stability at the club and still plenty of time to fill the holes I'm sure we will get the top ameteurs we want and overseas players just a shame about ainy doran lee was a top player but one possitive out of this is our penalty count against us should disappear have faith and patience I also think the board should've quick for thorman he's finally found his feel the middle of the season and been involved with a lot a must retain with exsperience

Offline chris robinson

• Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 28 Sep 2014, 05:10:25 pm
Instead of speculating, why not leave it to the coach and Board, who as to who they are prepared to sign. At the end of the day, they are responsible for running the club as a business, not something that people who may support, the club, or dislike who has signed. We can all have an opinion who should be signed, but at the end of the day you have to allow the coach to have an input to the side, something we have not done in the past which then causes a lot of the postings that we see everyday on this site.

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #49 on: 28 Sep 2014, 06:51:30 pm
Deakin not going to come to a club unarmed. He will have his own irons in the fire, he's bound to have. I just wish he would hurry up and reveal who? 
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #50 on: 28 Sep 2014, 06:53:24 pm
Deakin not going to come to a club unarmed. He will have his own irons in the fire, he's bound to have. I just wish he would hurry up and reveal who?

The season hasn't finished yet.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #51 on: 28 Sep 2014, 08:53:13 pm

Well said marra, season doesnt start for 5 month and some on here are expecting us to be naming signings daily, we wont get the best of any available players as the yorks/lanc team will have them we just get whats not wanted but not bad players, i just hope we dont get a load of locals and end up the whipping boys like barra were last season
Up The Haven

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #52 on: 28 Sep 2014, 09:40:12 pm

Exactly! so why is everyone showing impatience? I was actually going to say, "let's give the club a bit of time and wait and see", but then someone would have chirped up would have "we need to get players as soon as!"
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #53 on: 28 Sep 2014, 09:45:30 pm
Supporters are concerned because nearly every other team has a squad assembled. Which leaves the talent pool available very low in numbers.

We don't want to have to sign any old body just to get a squad together.

That's why marra, its happened to often in the past and we have struggled.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #54 on: 28 Sep 2014, 09:49:43 pm
Other than Town and Barrow nobody else has been signing our local lads, who are the players the club has said will be the focal point of signings this year. Be honest with yourself how many of the players signed by the rest of the championship clubs would have wanted to travel up her 3/4 times a week?
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #55 on: 28 Sep 2014, 09:53:26 pm
Supporters are concerned because nearly every other team has a squad assembled. Which leaves the talent pool available very low in numbers.

We don't want to have to sign any old body just to get a squad together.

That's why marra, its happened to often in the past and we have struggled.

Yes them teams are in the yorks/lanc area and get first choice after being releasd from there clubs wereas us and town wud av to pay top brass to get the best, just look at forster, was coming to us but ££££ signs and a better club made it simple for him to choose, just face it a traveller as to spend 5 plus hours travling to and from training, bet u wudnt travel down to work with me everyday then travel home and enjoy it would ya
Up The Haven

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #56 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:01:22 pm
We managed to get them this year. Carr, ainy, Doran, samir etc so why not for next year?

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #57 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:08:52 pm
We managed to get them this year. Carr, ainy, Doran, samir etc so why not for next year?

Carr from relegated york
Ainy returned from second string in oz
Doran was already ours
Samir from a poor swinton,

Yes they turned out good signings but the likes of these players dont come available every season,

I hope they are now as we are very very short on numbers, anyhow stop the bickering bcos the townies will be having wet dreams tonight thinking us fans are at war with each other
Up The Haven

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #58 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:13:01 pm
Certainly not bickering marra. Have a good old fashioned rugby league discussion.

I do see your points, we shall just have to wait and see.
 ;) ;)

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #59 on: 28 Sep 2014, 10:16:25 pm

Carr didnt want to travel, which I imagine will rule quite a few players out that are based outside of Cumbria

Players like Samir are being offered full time deals something we cant compete with

Wasn't ainscough offered a new deal but moved elsewhere? can only assume money or traveling was again the issue

Another point people seem to be forgeting. We were saved with 3 minutes of the season remaining dispite having all these superstars people seem to desperate to keep.

Clearly the club know the type of player we need, making every effort to sign Forster shows that. Lets give them some time all this doom and gloom and we are months away from the first game
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."