HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Meeting at the Recreation Ground Tomorrow about WC Hospital

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Just in case you don't know there is a public meeting tomorrow about the future of West Cumberland Hospital, it starts at 7:00 pm hopefully there will be a good turn out.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
I'm going my wife is a midwife there and really upset things are going the way they are and hopefully the people of west cumbria come down and support this as its a disgrace this is happening more importantly I don't think too many pregnant women will be happy traveling to carlisle and hour away will they?

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Love to see the ground full but doubt we will, on facebook there are 1200+ who say they are going (hopefully  taking someone with them) like to think 3000+ is achievable ?

• Haven Legend
I think the place will
Be full to the brim to many people won't want this to happen and let's face it shouldn't happen the area needs the hospital and this should even have been considerd moving absolute joke

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Totally agree but there is a lot of apathy out there unfortunately, hope I am wrong !

• Haven Legend
Let's hope the people of workington come through and support this as this effects everyone

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Yes get there if you can we need west Cumberland hospital
born and bred haven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
And get plenty bar staff on!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Also need a rep from all local sporting clubs amature and professional. A lady called Denise Rollo is the Workington afc rep attending also a local councillor. If these cuts go ahead we will no A&E players getting injured playing sport would have to travel to carlisle.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Let's hope the people of workington come through and support this as this effects everyone

Agree I will most likely be attending. Imagine if a major incident happened at sellafield, we MUST have a top hospital in the area.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Don't forget your £2 if you parking down there, I'm sure the Miners will be wanting to charge you to park.

HW

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Don't forget your £2 if you parking down there, I'm sure the Miners will be wanting to charge you to park.

HW

Ha ha ha

• Haven Legend

HW
Good thinking pal

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
3300 turned up. They shut coach road and everything. Well done to those that turned up.

• Haven Legend
Was good didn't get many answers like but it's a start got to say the recre needs some work done on it like it's starting to take the biscuit now before long it will get shut down because of health and safety sadly