• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #45 on: 12 Oct 2014, 01:23:36 pm
Dirty pie eaters

I did mean Shaun wane 

Offline picakaz51

• Academy Signing
Reply #46 on: 12 Oct 2014, 03:32:40 pm
If hohaia should have been off for a bit of a late hit then how would you deal with someone who retaliated, knocked a player out cold... and then settled on top of him to belt him in the face full on in an undefended attack.

Oh and by the way, he could have killed Ohiah........it was THE worst incident I have seen in almost 60 years of following RL....defenseless bloke battered..........Thug.   
did you not see gary charlton when he played for us

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #47 on: 12 Oct 2014, 04:10:55 pm
On Graham Steadman wasn't it?  The ref let all sorts go that day to be fair to Gary.  Got sine die though for a while.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #48 on: 12 Oct 2014, 07:30:19 pm
A certain footballer got international condemnation and a VERY long ban for a bite......which Certainly wouldn't have killed the opponent.

Flowers could have and so he's lucky he didn't in that respect.....but should be given a very very long ban IMO.   

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #49 on: 12 Oct 2014, 08:00:55 pm
A certain footballer got international condemnation and a VERY long ban for a bite......which Certainly wouldn't have killed the opponent.

Flowers could have and so he's lucky he didn't in that respect.....but should be given a very very long ban IMO.

Agree. Also remember the Roy Keane incident he got 8 games.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #50 on: 12 Oct 2014, 08:06:54 pm
On Graham Steadman wasn't it?  The ref let all sorts go that day to be fair to Gary.  Got sine die though for a while.
If I remember rightly Stephen Howse got sent off by mistake in the Steadman incident. Overturned and Charlton banned when the RFL looked at the incident. Anybody else remember?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #51 on: 12 Oct 2014, 08:18:19 pm

And what about Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the head? Got away with it on the pitch and got nothing afterwards, and as the commentator quite rightly said he got away with it because he was the England captain, and in a World Cup year wouldn't you know!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 12 Oct 2014, 08:21:38 pm

And what about Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the head? Got away with it on the pitch and got nothing afterwards, and as the commentator quite rightly said he got away with it because he was the England captain, and in a World Cup year wouldn't you know!!

Agree
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #53 on: 12 Oct 2014, 08:41:45 pm
Accidental

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 12 Oct 2014, 11:03:44 pm
If I remember rightly Stephen Howse got sent off by mistake in the Steadman incident. Overturned and Charlton banned when the RFL looked at the incident. Anybody else remember?

was it not william burns who got sent off by mistake?

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #55 on: 13 Oct 2014, 11:05:10 am

Nobody got sent off. The Cas fans barracked Howse for the rest of the game as they mistakenly thought it was him. After the match the coach who was Eric Fitzsimmons got rid of Charlton

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #56 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:13:50 pm

Nobody got sent off. The Cas fans barracked Howse for the rest of the game as they mistakenly thought it was him. After the match the coach who was Eric Fitzsimmons got rid of Charlton

Some memory that marra.  :bow: