HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Great Effort today

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 13 May 2007, 05:15:26 pm
What  a  performance  from  the  lads.  When  you  consider  we  gifted  them  2  tries  just  before  and  after  halftime  it  was  an  excellent  effort.

Even  their  last  try  when  Craig  knocked  it  back,  1  of  their  players  stooped  to  pick  the  ball  up  and  clearly  knocked  it  forward.  Can't  believe  none  of  the  officials  noticed  it.

Still  a  big  well  done  and  lets  hope  they can  keep  this  up.  If  they  can  then there's  no  reason  we  can't  give  Cas  and  Widnes  a  run  for  their  money.

UP  THE  HAVEN...... :)

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 13 May 2007, 05:33:43 pm
only 1 word can describe today

PROUD

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 13 May 2007, 05:44:17 pm
I think after todays performance no one can have any doubt about young Matty he took a massive hit early on that would have knocked out Mike Tyson in his prime the lad got up and got on with playing a first class hookers game, well done marra played the Cats hooker off the park, and Calvert is oozing confidence and self believe at the moment, Murphy was not in Craig's class, took his try well, tracked back and saved 2 trys and competed for every ball they kicked at him an extra big well done to those two young uns, but a big proud performance off the rest of the team too
Keep it up Marras!

Well Done

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 13 May 2007, 05:52:32 pm
1 to 17 all played well great effort ;D

Offline Mark68

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 13 May 2007, 05:55:02 pm
Hello all,

Unfortunately I was unable to obtain a programme for today's game.

If anyone has a spare in good condition they don't need please get in touch, naturally I'd be more than happy to pay for it plus any postage cost.

Any help greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Mark

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 13 May 2007, 05:59:54 pm
absolutley brilliant could have asked for more effort. Jones didnt want to know second half. ONE GRIPE I DO HAVE THOUGH, i was standing in the kells end and behind me there about 5 gentleman aged between 40 and 60 years old. The hole game they slated every player, everytime they made a mistake, and when we do score ther like "oh hes a good player". We have got to rember those boys were playing against possibly the greatest scrum half in the world and a very good superleague side. I am so proud to support haven and these fellows sould to. Encouragement is the word not slated.

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 13 May 2007, 06:09:38 pm
a FANTASTIC performance today by all 17 lads well done. great to see fat back in the no10 shirt. i reckon if we can keep up our form from today then we will the likes of cas and widnes a big shock when we play them.

MOM 4 me i couldnt decide between calvert and mattinson

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #7 on: 13 May 2007, 06:17:48 pm
absolutly fantastic performace from haven !!!!!  :D well done lads 110% better thatn last week.
 that'll shut our critics up and show the rfl that cumbria deserves a sl team, if we continue to play like that all season there's no reason why we cant make the grand final
castleford, widnes, leigh BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haven, haven, haven !!!!!!
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 13 May 2007, 06:27:21 pm
Very good effort all round, with another fit prop, Jacko or Howard and if Lester had played, might have been wery close. Stacey Jones did very little, made one outstanding break, only to bomb a certiantry by kicking instead of a simple pass.

There pack was very physical, but we stood our ground, lost some ground getting pushed back in tackle, we didnt seem to want to help out when getting pushed back.

One thing that did let us down again, is out inablilty to find touch from penalties. 3 times we missed touch, with one leading to a try. Surely there must be someone who can kick a bloody ball, if not, can you not Tee it up anymore? IF so let Rudd kick the ball.

Good crowd of 3008, and lets hope they return the next 2 weeks,with tough games against Fax and Barrow coming up.

TW

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 13 May 2007, 06:40:13 pm
yes you can tee it up marra as ryan robb does it at kells  ;D

give it to steve trindall the big fella has 1 hell of a boot on him his kick was excellent  :D

Offline rachxhaven

• Academy Signing
  • ROB JACKSON!
Reply #10 on: 13 May 2007, 06:41:56 pm
great performance , they did us proud with the score even though we didnt win they all tried there best no matter wat

HAVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4  EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 13 May 2007, 06:49:11 pm
when you think of the game like this

we gave them 12 points with knock on's in the in goal area
we had 18 tackles we didnt need to have with 3 missed kickes in to touch

we bombed 2 ty in the first half

wheres has the 5 they bomded were down to our scramble defence

we could have won this game by about 10 points

fair play to the cats players they came in the bar had the crack etc etc

great day all round
« Last Edit: 13 May 2007, 06:56:32 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #12 on: 13 May 2007, 06:58:50 pm
Why did they sell out!!!!!!!!

Online HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 13 May 2007, 07:20:25 pm
all i can say is am i proud to be an haven fan

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline picasso kid

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 13 May 2007, 07:29:41 pm
Hi all,

after an exhausting day with the child "bouncing" to macatack and a photo with Stacy Jones i have returned home.

But....... what was the 1/2 time draw no ????

can you help

Ta

PK