HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

MoM Against Catalans Dragons

Tommy43

Reply #15 on: 14 May 2007, 11:56:14 am
Thought Derry was excellent, Leroy not far behind, but overall a good team performance.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 14 May 2007, 12:09:35 pm
I still strongly believe that lester is more than capable of playing and he should be at 13 all the time when he is fit, he is our best leader he can still play still has the brain, he might have lost some speed but i think he showed what he can do at Batley and im sure he can do that on a consistent basis as long as the whole team plays aswell.

Offline _massive_calvert_fan_

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 14 May 2007, 12:19:03 pm
Calvert was brilliant was on form all game Well Done Craig!! :) :) :)

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 15 May 2007, 12:50:41 pm
calvert for me he was awesome he scared the hell out of murphy and was excellent in defense until it rained
and he made one mistake. Leroy was good again and Duffy,Matty showed what he can do and
its true you can only play as good as the other team let you. but the commitment and heart shown
was tremendous and is why we dominated most of the match

Offline havenette

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 15 May 2007, 01:51:56 pm
duffy for me he was really good well done!!!!!!!!!

Jamboree

Reply #20 on: 15 May 2007, 08:40:15 pm
Duffy, easily.  Without his kicking game today I doubt it would have been much of a contest.
At last someone who watched the same game as me.
Calvert dropped two high kicks gifting Catalan two tries - Duffy puts in  a nice kick through Calvert catches and places the ball down Hey presto 41% think he was the MOM. He is a fast runner and NOTHING else!!!!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 15 May 2007, 08:50:21 pm
given the correct training at a sl club why dont we loan him out for a month to play full time rugby back wid warrington like he did a couple years back im sure he would come back a lot better and have a bit of sl exsperience thats all the lad needs hes still very young so say he goes it could only benifit haven

and given the training ie under high balls one on ones he could easily end up making the gb team in a few years but hes gettin  better year by year hes got all the talent in the world and if he could sort himself out more he could get to the top

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 15 May 2007, 10:01:27 pm
is there that old saying there is no substitute for speed...  still knocking him what can he do to make people happy he saves tries aswel as scores them.

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 15 May 2007, 11:18:41 pm
i aint nocking him i dont think theres anything wrong wid him its others i think hes one of our best players but he can only get better is what im saying

popularsider

Reply #24 on: 15 May 2007, 11:40:57 pm
whitehaven rlfc 4 eva

i think youve got mixed up it was
john lebbon and dean burgess who went to warrington on loan and played in there u21s for a month

calvert had a trial with wigan where he beat brett dallas in a race but after the trial signed for haven

calverts defence and catching of high kicks and low kicks has improved dramatically this season his confidence is sky high wich is what rugby is a confidence game

well done craig keep it going mate

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 15 May 2007, 11:53:34 pm
sorry marra

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 16 May 2007, 02:17:35 pm
Craig was on trial at warrington wigan and bradford When steve mcnamara was under 21s coach at bradford he told craig not to sign for whitehaven and to sign for bradford but craig choose whitehaven because of steve mccormack in 2005 warrington made a offer for craig but he refused it...

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 16 May 2007, 02:19:48 pm
WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA      i never ment your comments its that silly jamboree who talks rubbish

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 16 May 2007, 02:53:01 pm
ne bother marra i should have realised lol its my fault

popularsider

Reply #29 on: 16 May 2007, 04:56:01 pm
im glad calvert plays for us and not against us