HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Big prop

Offline one in all in

• Academy Star
on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:15:40 pm
Been hearing that ex town cage fighter Jamie Acton is signing on 12 month loan that will please the town fans

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:24:10 pm
You can read there comments already he's rubbish he's crap he's a thug
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:26:51 pm
You can read there comments already he's rubbish he's crap he's a thug
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIANFAN123

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:28:30 pm
Would be a great signing for you guys

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:40:55 pm
wow never thought that would ever happen i think all town fans would agree the lads a beast great signing for us

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:42:21 pm
Will know Deakin, Lapori , and allen get him in that car ha

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2014, 04:45:50 pm
Will know Deakin, Lapori , and allen get him in that car ha
car you mean bus  ;)
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 11 Nov 2014, 06:25:10 pm
He's a decent prop at this level.  A wind up I reckon.

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2014, 07:14:50 pm
same source that said  Lewis Tierney will be signing on a years loan??? :nod:

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2014, 07:27:58 pm
Would certainly give the aggression we need, we've not had anyone like that since jacko left really and we come accross too soft at times
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2014, 11:22:10 pm
Good god, I hated the guy when he played against us........................but would take him anytime as a haven player.

Big aggressive so and so who impresses himself on the front line.  So I hope so.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2014, 11:23:55 am
Has anyone any news on this potential loan deal.

Offline nuttyandrew

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2014, 06:17:21 pm
my mate was talking to his brothers sister in law on Tuesday night in Morrisons and he reckons his mates wifes brother says that Whitehaven have  responded to pressure from their fans to sign 3 of big rough hairy arsed props that the fans have demanded.  They have secured the services of Artie Beatson, Kevin Skerret and Kevin Ward. They will be arriving on Monday and have enquired  where they can park their Zimmer frames.

Seriously, the new coach Steve Deakin has got a more difficult task than any recent coach. He is responsible for the recruitment of 75% of the new team ( having released several players who were highly rated by the fans) He will be getting bombarded with CVs from loads of agents and will be short listing candidates to suit the type of game he intends to play. He will be judged on his results. He has made some very good signings  with the possibility of more to come) and has probably had a few disappointments along the way that we won't get to hear about. Have faith in him in the short term and more importantly have patience in what he is trying to create as a model for posterity. Also consider what it takes to motivate the board members. There is no profit to be made at this level, it's all about dedication and trying to do the best for your home team. Barry Richardson deserves a medal as big as the town hall clock for all the crap he has had to put up with. There stands a man who is now retired but is not a whealthy ex business man but a retired Sellafield employee with a passion for Whitehaven. He is using the skills he acquired at Sellafield to manage a business which he passionately enjoys.

Lets do all we can to make the dream work and less of the critiici
sism ( unless you think you could do better). Offer your services. The presidents have enabled the club to secure some of the recent signings. I am not currently a member, but on Monday I am going to see Des Burn and pledge my support. Put up or shut up fellas. In the words of Billy Ocean When the going gets rough the tough get going.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2014, 07:22:14 pm
Not sure about the difficulty of our new coach, as you say he is responsible for 75% of our players that he has picked and obviously rates or he wouldn't have signed them, which is far better than coaches coming in with a team already signed up which I'm sure happened with gailer, he had to work with what he had whether he fancied them or not.

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2014, 08:29:04 pm
Nuttyandrew can you summarise what you are trying to say into a couple of bullet points.