HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Kells End

noahrob · 233 · 9468

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #30 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:33:23 pm
Not denying that shaun. Like I said be nice for fans to be consulted. But hey that's life I suppose. Find somewhere to stand coz certainly won't sit unless forced. Just not the same. Most teams get nowhere 1500 fans anyhow

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #31 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:33:56 pm
only the miserable gits on here could find a negative out of this. Unbelievable
I agree marra we haven't had this positive news for years
born and bred haven.

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:35:03 pm

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:36:44 pm

That ain't my point at all so relax.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:38:05 pm
http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/rugby-league/sheffield-eagles-may-have-to-move-out-of-the-city-1-6867022

1500 seats required by the start of this season according to this article!
Cheers marra which will be kells end and popular side.
born and bred haven.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:44:52 pm
http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/rugby-league/sheffield-eagles-may-have-to-move-out-of-the-city-1-6867022

1500 seats required by the start of this season according to this article!
Cheers marra which will be kells end and popular side.

Thought scratching shed where I stand?

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #36 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:45:52 pm

Find a negative out of what exactly.

From what I can gather on yet more cryptic posts is that

A) Some work is going on in a condemned stand although people in the know aren't letting us know exactly what this entails, can't see any reason for secrecy other than to let others know that they know and others don't.
B) Some seats are going into the current stadium - seems to be confusion on here as to which stand exactly is "benefiting" from these seats
C) The popularside may be getting a new roof - a rumour as i haven't seen it confirmed
D) Anywhere from £250k - £375k has been mentioned by some on here as the amount being spent. That is a lot of cash to be sprucing the Rec up and a simple question was asked if there was any chance that additional finance could have been sourced so a complete stand could have been procured
E) The silence from the club is deafening on this, I really cannot see the issue of informing fans of possible great news or does CN Group have a monopoly on the issuing of news from the club
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline HMS HAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:53:20 pm
Would these upgrades not require planning permission? If so the plans will be available to see at CBC

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #38 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:55:39 pm
Not denying that shaun. Like I said be nice for fans to be consulted. But hey that's life I suppose. Find somewhere to stand coz certainly won't sit unless forced. Just not the same. Most teams get nowhere 1500 fans anyhow
Agree how many teams get 1500 a game very rare
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 18 Nov 2014, 11:02:00 pm
New seats in my opinion would be better at the railway end and roofing over the popular side remember years back when it had roofing think it only used to cover up to the 25 metre line but not sure

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #40 on: 18 Nov 2014, 11:02:50 pm
Hope we can get a pint from within these new seating areas. Beats running back to club every time it's your round.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 18 Nov 2014, 11:04:25 pm
Surely seating area needs to be covered by a roof spacecake.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 18 Nov 2014, 11:06:51 pm
Surely seating area needs to be covered by a roof spacecake.
oh aye be a smart la ground if there was roofing over most stands it'll put the world famous international arena up the road to shame god bless them

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #43 on: 18 Nov 2014, 11:31:22 pm
I find any ground development an exciting proposition.

Yes, given the fiasco of the CBC's stadium design (especially when cost was factored in) it probably would have been a plus if the Club had communicated more regarding their plans though we should all understand that there is NO way they are going to satisfy everyone's wishes...but a heads up would have gone a long way.

But...action is being taken and I'm not going to think negatively based upon what might be. I simply expect them to get it right and will anxiously await results.

Given our recent history it should be assumed that the BOD is making fiscal responsibility a priority but unfortunately the governing body has once again placed an unreasonable requirement in an unreasonable timeline and WRLFC2010 have to deal with that reality.

Hopefully we will see some photos as progress is made. A plus for the new season.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 18 Nov 2014, 11:52:37 pm
New seats in my opinion would be better at the railway end and roofing over the popular side remember years back when it had roofing think it only used to cover up to the 25 metre line but not sure

Not if you stand behind the sticks.   :D,  This must be the worst yet from the RL and that is saying something.