HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Deakin

noahrob · 316 · 10148

Offline Booga20

• Academy Star
Reply #45 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:16:16 am
It'll be a farce if it's true, but let's look at the big picture here I heard he was at Saints and Catalans match night, he has connections at Catalans and whitehavens connection with saints so maybe he's trying to recruit players, this is just my view by the way, so  there might well be more to it

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:16:46 am
and considering his future

So that is your own rumour???
if that's how you want to take it

so why make it read that the journo said it when clearly not
 :shake:   

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #47 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:21:22 am
and considering his future

So that is your own rumour???
if that's how you want to take it

so why make it read that the journo said it when clearly not
 :shake:   
I didn't you need to read it again and understand the grammar.I clearly separate what he said from the following sentence.Then even said " it seems" not he he said .........

Thought this thread was about Deakin not my ability to construct coherent sentences  :D
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2015, 10:29:28 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HarryB

• Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:27:19 am
Well something is going on because they have been in touch with a local coach to enquire on his availability FACT

• Haven Legend
Reply #49 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:30:00 am
Well something is going on because they have been in touch with a local coach to enquire on his availability FACT
charlo by any chance ?
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #50 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:31:06 am
Confirmed on Twitter the club have said Steve deakin has not let at all

Offline HarryB

• Academy Star
Reply #51 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:31:55 am
I was with a coach when charlo rang him asked if he fancied the Whitehaven job with him!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #52 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:39:56 am
different interpretation on this I'm hearing he's gone home for family reasons and he's gone a statement should come out to confirm a week before our 1st game.
born and bred haven.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #53 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:43:16 am
Needs sorted today get charlo in at least he knows what the club means to the fans

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:45:14 am
different interpretation on this I'm hearing he's gone home for family reasons and he's gone a statement should come out to confirm a week before our 1st game.

Well that's tomorrow, we do have a game next Sunday don't we. #ifwehaveenoughplayers

HW

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #55 on: 07 Feb 2015, 10:55:19 am
You couldn't make it up.  The club say he is still in charge , until tomorrow.

I don't think we will have a lot of options for replacements but not sure Charlton is the answer.  He looked like he a had run out of ideas at Town.  Didn't he leave one week into the season.

We perhaps need to take our time and make sure we find the right person.

In some ways agree with BKM this season is probably gone already in which case why rush.

• Haven Legend
Reply #56 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:07:07 am
Charlo with Seymour as assistant could be as good as we could ask for this late on.They could bring out the best in each other.Under charlo town were a take it up the middle team,which will be required,but you need flare ,we have a good halfback pairing and strike players in center ,wings .
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #57 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:19:33 am
sorry but Charlo is not the answer and don't think he would do a job for us, plenty of Town fans will confirm Barker was the main driving force at Town and once he left Charlo was a bit out of his depth, what ever happens we can not afford to just pick up anyone to fill the gaps u know

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #58 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:21:40 am
We may not have much choice at this late stage. Where did this rumour gain ground in the first place?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #59 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:26:35 am
it was me who started this crack off this morning (see second post) and i got the info off a lad who,s well in the crack at kells as a few others had also heard the same crack . A player when asked this morning said i dunno he wasn,t at training last night which could have meant 3 things (a) he had left (b) he was ill and let brett take over training last night or  (c) he was on the lookout for new players last night . The rumours probably started when people heard brett took training and put 2 + 2 together and come up with 5 . Personally and i dont know if he has ever applied for the job in the past or not Stanley Gene would have been the ideal coach for me with his and our PNG connections