HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Are we a professional team or what?

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 14 May 2007, 06:25:05 pm
So we lose at Donny. Trindall and Teare only fit Props, but Teare not playing as at Daughters Christening. 2 POINTS LOST IN LEAGUE

Excellent Game against Catalans.

Another tough game coming up against Halifax, but no Maden or Spencer as both off now to get married and have a honeymoon.

Surely this doesn't happen in any other professional sport. Could they not make arrangements out of season, or in the case of Teare have the Christening on a Sunday morning before a Home Game???

Any team with aspirations of reaching the Grand Final realistically needs to finished 1st or 2nd in League and we will be losing points through the season because our playing are missing games for family reasons.

Expect I will get critised for posting this thread, but thought somebody should echo the views from the Terraces.

Will read your thoughts with Interest.

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 14 May 2007, 06:38:01 pm
well we may lose maden and spencer this week but not bad replacements in
bannister and seeds is it?

teare and trindall were are only fit props the christning teare went to was arranged before the season even started so you cant have ago at the big lad

plus we didnt have a replacement for teare we called on 2 academy lads

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 06:43:12 pm
teare didnt look in good form yesterday and hasnt for quite a while when he first sighned he was awsome but latley been very poor for his size to be honest he didnt look fit unlike the others but when fit hes pure class

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #3 on: 14 May 2007, 07:14:46 pm
spencer will miss barrow game too i think can't be sure.
agree with what your saying in a way as it wouldn't happen at cas or widnes.

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 14 May 2007, 07:15:08 pm
This is a difficult one but on balance i tend to agree we shouldnt be losing key players to these type of arrangements.

The season NL1 runs from April to Oct and the players get relatively well paid for part time work.  In a winning team most will clear ?10k some quite a bit more. So to that extent the supportters have the right to expect full commitment during this period--as we pay the wages.

On the positive we have Bannister and Seeds are decent replacements but if we had injuries it could be a disaster.

Halifax will be a tough game they got their act together and have some decent players, I would hate to lose this one becasue we had players missing.

Re: teare - agree with his form at one stage he looked like the answer as one of the four Props but since the NL1 season began I am starting to wonder he is a big unit but dosent seem to punch his weight.

Vis a via Jacko he also seems to have lost a bit of spark.  On paer we would have Teare Jakco Fats and Trindall as the four Props.

Fats we hope gets back to last seasons efforts as he is still quality.  Trindall amazes me he never seem to get injured or hurt , he always carts the ball in twice as mucha s any forward and always gets ten yards and a good play of the ball....Without him we would be FOO@ED

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 14 May 2007, 09:05:19 pm
trindall is awesome and heard a little murmer he might put retirement off for another season and stay on for 1 more year and next year he would be off the quota ( i may be wrong about that)

flapper needs confidence rugby league is a confidence game once he has a good game it wil continue from there as wil sice

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 14 May 2007, 10:53:47 pm
to be fair to spencer this time last year he was never going to play again so you can't really have a go at him arranging his wedding during the season

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 16 May 2007, 04:44:15 pm
crack i heard is that this weekend was due to be challenge cup final before the rfl moved it, that is why the weddings are booked so if thats right and the final hadnt been moved they wouldnt of missed the game! not the players or clubs fault is it, the players had made sure it would be on a weekend when there would be no game (unless we made the final lol)

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 16 May 2007, 04:45:03 pm
by the way all the best spencer and mado!!

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 16 May 2007, 04:48:14 pm
same too all the best boys

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 16 May 2007, 04:53:10 pm
all the best in married life marras  ;D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 16 May 2007, 05:05:39 pm
nice to see spencer and steve joining the ranks of married this weekend,

after all, why should the rest of us be the only ones who are miserable!!! ;D ;D ;D
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 16 May 2007, 05:07:23 pm
When Madden arranged his wedding he was with Leigh.  Everyone wants to get wed at the best time i.e summer not in the winter.  These are part time players who's family take a back seat for 9 months of the year when they are playing.  Good luck to both Spencer and his lass and Mado and his lass hope you have a cracking wedding day.