HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

10 Years Old!

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 23 Feb 2015, 04:47:33 pm
Today is a very special day for the forum - it's 10 years old! Back on February 23rd 2005, I launched what was then the first official Whitehaven RLFC website, and along with it the forum.

The forum itself has changed a huge amount in that time, but 10 years on and it is still proving as popular as ever. Now no longer an official club forum, it has been my aim to provide a platform for Whitehaven RLFC fans, and fans from other clubs, to share their views and have their say. Some of you have been here since day 1, and I also have had the pleasure of meeting many of you personally.

To mark the anniversary, I'd like to ask the following question - What is your most memorable Whitehaven RLFC moment in the last 10 years? Also, if you have a particular forum moment/member that stands out, then please do share!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the mods and admins for their time and effort to keep things in order. A very special thanks to MrsHavenWarrior, who keeps a very close eye on things day to day and makes sure everyone follows the rules.

I hope you've enjoyed being part of the last 10 years, here's to the next 10 :tip:

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2015, 04:50:16 pm
Best moment was winning the league At home against cas infront of over 6,500 fans and celebrations afterwards

Can I just say this forum is probably one of if not the best around and a huge credit to you and anyone else who's keeping it going

Nice one Marra

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2015, 05:23:50 pm
I am a relative newcomer and I enjoy the cut and thrust of some of the posts, especially the ones that get deleted ha ha. Yes I would endorse the big thanks to Mr.H.W. who just battles on and puts up [or not] with all our foibles. If we could turn the passion on the forum into £ notes we would be in Super League. Happy birthday forum.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2015, 06:02:17 pm
so many great moments beating cas at home winning the league at rochdale and the celebrations after a good weekend at Blackpool in nr cup final has to be rochdale winning the league. Well done to all the mods flannerz and Mrs hw for keeping the forum in good order
born and bred haven.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2015, 07:28:47 pm
Winning the league at rochdale for me. But cas at home in front of that huge crowd was brilliant

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2015, 11:05:52 am
Winning the league in 2005, winning in Wales in 2008, That playoff run in 2008, Seeing Haven playing in France twice and Swinton away last season plus so many more.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2015, 11:38:21 am
Winning the league at Rochdale

Coming back in the 2nd half against Cas

The playoff win at Halifax under Ged Stokes
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 25 Feb 2015, 02:48:35 pm

A great team, a great season, and that was a great day :)

HW

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2015, 08:25:43 pm
10 years wow.   Well done John from a Town fan who has been with your forum since the first day, in fact I think I was number 14 on the list of members.    Over the years I have enjoyed a lot of banter with forum members, some get a bit over-heated but in the main I get on with most of them.

I don't have a particular Haven memory in the 10 years but I genuinely believe that the way the game has gone/is going both clubs need to see the other beating the other teams that are going to be jostling with us both in this league.  If we both can take points off them then it helps us both.

Here's to another 10 years John.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2015, 11:02:04 pm
Mine has to be screaming that we were safe at Swinton after seeing the keighley result on Twitter, although being on the field celebrating after the play off victory in 05 is a very close second.

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2015, 08:13:34 pm
Best moment either Rochdale away 05, cas at home in play offs or beating leigh at home in 04 in the league. Mcnallys hat trick was memorable aswell infront of the sky cameras great to be there that day.