HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven v Catalan Dragoooooons

Maca · 38 · 3807

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 15 May 2007, 10:24:54 pm
ur so so wrong marra 2nd we will finsh and haven dont forget spilled 2 or 3 certain trys so it would have been a hell of a lot closer and if rudd kicked the last kick before the final hooter the gap would haven 8 points against a top 6 sl aint that bad lol and it shows the gap between nl1 and al is gettin oh so smaller year by year

I GUARANTEE you wont finish 2nd . Catalans went through the motions and moved on 2/3 certain tries ? I can remember 1 double movement thats all.
Good luck with your 3rd place challenge.

Merger is the only way i'm afraid.

calvert dropped one ball ,broadbent dropped the other so what were you watching
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 15 May 2007, 10:31:22 pm
Calvert did drop the ball twice but only the second time he dropped it they scored, the first time he caught it then dropped it.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 15 May 2007, 11:16:54 pm
didnt derrie get pulled back for bouncing the ball over the line too looked a good try to me

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 15 May 2007, 11:32:36 pm
No derrie was supposedly short and had let go f the ball when he put it down so he knocked on and Rob Jackson suppsoedly made a double movement.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #34 on: 15 May 2007, 11:37:54 pm
we were at the railway end so couldnt see cheers for clearing it up

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 16 May 2007, 07:46:08 pm
Where can i get the rose tinted specs?  8)Or have you all been on the drink already?
Whitehaven 10 Catalans 36
 Lets see whos closest. ;D Wake up and smell the coffee!
Le Cats with Stacey Jones & Donny with erm.........nobody really!

wake up and smell the coffee indeed 24-14 not to bad against a super league team stacey jones did nowt at all trying to show off chipping the fullback when he could have easily passed it oh and it doesnt look like you were the closest ;D

Did you go to the game? If so did Catalan bomb 4 (FOUR) Certain tries with a final pass being dropped or the inability of one of them to bend down and pick a ball up and place it over the line.
Did Whitehaven score all 3 tries from scrappy loose ball boobbling about and bouncing right for you?
Did Catalan have 25 handling errors? Not super league form i'm sure you will agree.
The referee give you almost everything and the penalties given to them were mainly on their own line.
Catalan were NEVER in danger of losing the game despite the above. I felt that Catalan were going through the motions - i'm sure they wanted to play better but it was a case of lets get the win and get the hell out of here.
If you are happy with that, well so be it - if them four tries had stuck and lets be honest it was only the final pass and they could of walked over that would have been another 24 points!
The only credit i can give you is that you tackled fairly well down the middle and that Duffy and Fletcher played well.
Calvert was found wanting under two kicks (They scored two tries from them)imagine him playing week in week out in super league i think they would crucify him by kicking to him all the time.
So yes i'm afraid you still have to wake up and smell the coffee.However good luck for the rest of the season but i guarantee you will finish 3rd at best.

yes i did go to the game and yes catalan did bomb some tries but thats not havens fault is it? i also saw calvert chase back and save 2 tries and 2 haven tries get disallowed catalans last try was a clear nock on so even if haven didnt get the 2 disallowed tries if the referre hadnt given the last catalan try the gap would have been 4 points and i have to ask were you at the game :o the referee gave us everything dont make me laugh catalan were offside many a time and plenty of forward passes, probably from haven aswel, went unnoticed, how can the referee disallow a try for us because of a nock on but allow catalan the try and also have to say yes duffy played well but fletcher did not he missed a tackle that allowed them to score didnt reach touch with three kicks and hes running wasnt the best yes catalan had alot of handling errors but we had a hell of alot aswel so dont come and say that and with the issue of us scoring 3 tries you need a bit of luck playing super league teams and they all count if the ref gives them dont they? still 24-14, 10 points difference against a super league team not bad for us eh
haven till i die

Jamboree

Reply #36 on: 17 May 2007, 10:59:31 pm
Picking through that last post apart from a bit of totally understandable bias. Your almost agreeing with me.
Again i GUARANTEE you wont finish 2nd!

Monte2carlo

Reply #37 on: 18 May 2007, 11:46:51 pm
Are we to finish top then ?

Monte