HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Mick Nanyn

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:04:16 pm
Ryan Tandy wanted 20k last season and we sent him packing. Mick is a decent player at this level even though his tackling is a tad circumspect. He scores plenty of tries and is a decent kicker (99%) of the time. He won us the league season before last at Hull KR, people shouldnt  forget that.

Haven wont pay him 25k for a season, full stop.

The BOD of directors could always get him a job in  Sellafield changing rooms to top up his wages though. Half the Whitehaven squad already work there.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #16 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:12:00 pm
There is only Sicey in the changerooms now all the others have moved on to other things. I agree tho if Nanyn is thinking of coming back Sellafield is the best option for him to find work, there is lots of Contr jobs going at the mo too so I dont think he would be short for work.
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:29:21 pm
There is only Sicey in the changerooms now all the others have moved on to other things. I agree tho if Nanyn is thinking of coming back Sellafield is the best option for him to find work, there is lots of Contr jobs going at the mo too so I dont think he would be short for work.

Sicey isn't in the change rooms, he works in the laundry.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 10 Oct 2006, 05:39:19 pm
Bet ya he doesn't!   :P :P :P
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:18:45 pm
i heard today that ?25,000 to sign for haven . if this true would tell him no way

If  true  25K  sound  like  a  lot  of  dough  just  for  1  player  but  if  he  can  score  30  tries  then  he  just  might  be  worth  it.  If  it  brings  in  an  extra  100  people  through  the  gates  then  that  would  pay  for  his  wages.

I'm  with  the  view  if  he  really  does  want  to  come  back  then  get  him  a  job  at  Sellafield  were  he  can  earn  20K+  not  to  mention  a  decent  part-time  wage  playing  rugby.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:24:43 pm
i heard today that ?25,000 to sign for haven . if this true would tell him no way

If  true  25K  sound  like  a  lot  of  dough  just  for  1  player  but  if  he  can  score  30  tries  then  he  just  might  be  worth  it.  If  it  brings  in  an  extra  100  people  through  the  gates  then  that  would  pay  for  his  wages.

I'm  with  the  view  if  he  really  does  want  to  come  back  then  get  him  a  job  at  Sellafield  were  he  can  earn  20K+  not  to  mention  a  decent  part-time  wage  playing  rugby.

i'd love to see mick back at the recre, but in no way should he be waltzed into sellafield, what gives him or anyone else the right to get a job there, just coz they play for whitehaven, when loads of people were paid off from marchon/corus/alcan and some still havent got jobs?

way out of order there i think!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:35:04 pm
He would have to apply like anyone else,!! Im not saying he should be given a job there just because he plays Rugby for Haven
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 10 Oct 2006, 08:20:36 pm
but if he did apply then i would think he would get a job
haven till i die

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2006, 08:23:09 pm
im not sure if hes worth ?25,000, i would have him back but not at that expense.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2006, 09:42:48 pm
He would have to apply like anyone else,!! Im not saying he should be given a job there just because he plays Rugby for Haven

didn't mean to imply that you were saying he should be given a job there, but no player should be able to get a start there just because they play for haven,
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:32:02 pm
didnt wigan sighn oli wilkes from us for 25,000 to be honest then mick should be double that in my opinion as hes one of the standout if not thee stand out player in nl1 on top form if we sighn him we will no we are heading in the right direction in which to reach the promised land of sl 2007

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:33:59 pm
I think Dave Rotheram said in the Whitehaven News that they would have him back but only at a reasonable price.  At ?25k it's not going to happen and I can't see why anyone would argue in favour of a part-time club paying that much for a player whose position can already be covered by any of four good players (Seeds, R. Jackson, Eilbeck and McAvoy - McAvoy himself could become our homegrown Mick Nanyn only with better defence as well).

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #27 on: 10 Oct 2006, 10:43:15 pm
if we dont make sighnings we can kiss this year and the rest goodbye we must by all acounts get some top quality players up here for the preseason its a must we have not got the players anymore to do the job ie

seeds
fats
lester
broadbent

all top players whether we like it or not are getting older we cant stop that these players in perspective are not good enough now to take us to the top of nl1 im not saying they couldnt have in there day but you have to look at them they are 30 plus year old players who have been batterd over the years there bodies cant take the punishment thats why im saying we need quality to replace these guys or we will be left with nothing back to scratch, its no secret we struggle to sighn top players because of the area we live in but if we offer the right money they will show we just have to get the b.o.d to understand the situation if we are going to be competitive next season we must make at least 4 top signigns in the offseason to stand any chance as other clubs are passing us by

but the question is how long can we compete with them

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 11 Oct 2006, 01:04:44 am

didn't mean to imply that you were saying he should be given a job there, but no player should be able to get a start there just because they play for haven,

Its called sponshorship....
local businesses employ players to help the club get the best available.....
always happened and always will......
Leroy works for B&H doesnt he ?

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2006, 01:08:12 am
I think Dave Rotheram said in the Whitehaven News that they would have him back but only at a reasonable price.  At ?25k it's not going to happen and I can't see why anyone would argue in favour of a part-time club paying that much for a player whose position can already be covered by any of four good players (Seeds, R. Jackson, Eilbeck and McAvoy - McAvoy himself could become our homegrown Mick Nanyn only with better defence as well).

Leading points scorer almost everywere he goes and everywere he plays ! ! ! !
Good enough reason on its own despite tackling being poor sometimes