HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Seymour, Aiye and Brocklebank

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
on: 25 Jan 2015, 11:27:39 pm
We need to find a way for these three to play in the same team.  The only way I can see it working is Seymour at 7 Broklebank at 6 and Aiye at 13.

A number of people have been saying on here that Broklebank isn't a 13 at this level he just dosent have the physical game.  Aiye is probably more a 6 than 13 but he can handle himself far better than JPB.

I think there are clearly issues over Seymour's fitness which need addressing but with the right coaching, game plan and attitude those three should be able to do a job for us.  It clearly hasn't worked so far but it's early days. 

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2015, 07:37:21 am
Think once Airye settles in he will be fine ,even town fans commenting on how got into the game the longer it went on .Think they just need time to gel..........as well as a pack to get them on the front foot .
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2015, 08:13:09 am
dion will be ok with more game time looks good.
born and bred haven.

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2015, 09:35:56 am
Aiye looks like he will come good after a few games and shows abit of class. Seymour has not done a thing since he arrived & would benefit from losing a lot of weight. Brocklebank is to slow for a 6 so he needs to get stronger in the middle. Good half backs like a good go forward but that's no excuse against town. When we had the ball we looked clueless

What we need to be competitive

A good number 9

Winger that can defend

three props

half back

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2015, 09:43:48 am
I am yet to see anything from seymore what a waste of money
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2015, 09:44:39 am
2 props
a hooker
a outside back to play wing or center
and a utility player like brad crellin who can cover a few positions
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2015, 10:13:15 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2015, 10:07:34 am
3 props
Winger
Center
Half back
Back rower

That's what we need to be competitive

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2015, 10:37:02 am
2 props
a hooker
a outside back to play wing or Venter

brad crellin still officially a haven player can still do a job at haven
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2015, 10:40:12 am
2 props
a hooker
a outside back to play wing or Venter

brad crellin still officially a haven player can still do a job at haven
I agree but doesn't look likely
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2015, 10:43:18 am
reading deakins comments we must be getting players from saints or hes got players lined up sure we will be ok

Offline railway ender

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2015, 10:59:41 am
Get the impression the powers that be have seriously underestimated the strength of this division. It is painfully obvious to all, and must therefor be glaringly obvious to the BOD and coach alike that without forward power the halves cannot function.
I dont think there is too much wrong with the back division, but without the forwards getting on the front foot and putting opposition packs on the back foot, the whole bck division will be ineffective.
I dont know what is in the mind of the coach, bur he MUST know this and the club must act.
If it is financial constraints or the inability to attract quality forwards or both (it can only be one or the other) the club must come clean and let this be known to the supporters.

Offline lou lou

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 26 Jan 2015, 11:16:44 am
reading deakins comments we must be getting players from saints or hes got players lined up sure we will be ok

What if saints have an injury crisis? We slated the jam eaters for this lasts year! It looks to me like Deakin has just signed his old mates that done a job for him in the past, but this league has got tougher and them players have gone backwards

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 26 Jan 2015, 11:40:51 am
Aiye looks like he will come good after a few games and shows abit of class. Seymour has not done a thing since he arrived & would benefit from losing a lot of weight. Brocklebank is to slow for a 6 so he needs to get stronger in the middle. Good half backs like a good go forward but that's no excuse against town. When we had the ball we looked clueless

What we need to be competitive

A good number 9

Winger that can defend

three props

half back

Carl Rudd wasn't the quickest but did a job for us at 6 Brocky is deceptively quick. Give them a good pack all 3 could be devastating but it all hinges on a good pack.

Offline Red Devil

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2015, 12:35:37 pm
The team needs time, so dose deaks, it will come good.

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 26 Jan 2015, 01:43:54 pm
Having watched both games we need them players just to be competitive. Barrow are in the league below who tonked us with out there best player. Town beat us in there first game with a number of players missing.  I wonder what will happen when we play away to featherstone, Halifax, Bradford . It might be an idea to make the team up of locals and save the cash for next year.