HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Seymour, Aiye and Brocklebank

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #30 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:42:53 pm
If Seymour had a decent pack going forward he would be able to create. If you watched him in the nrl he was never a running half back he was a creator something if which he was good at even tipped to play state of origin at one point because he had good packs around him.
From a full 80 minutes view I wouldn't pay him in washers, funny how Dion still managed to play ok in just his 2nd game, stop making excuses for him, his contract is a big reason Haven can't afford better forwards

seymour showed a lot of quality last season im sure he will come good this season and as he said he was taking the ***s last season but needs to show better than his pre season performances.
born and bred haven.

Popularsider13

Reply #31 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:44:40 pm
I think Seymour will come good.  He did some decent stuff last year.  As others have said he isnt the most mobile but he should be able to organise us at this level and is a good distributor. 

He needs a few more games to get going and like any half a pack of forwards to pla behind.

Wasn't he supposed to be training his aris off pre-season to hit the ground running?

Popularsider13

Reply #32 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:49:44 pm
seymour showed a lot of quality last season im sure he will come good this season and as he said he was taking the ***s last season but needs to show better than his pre season performances.
Smacks of desperation that he was kept on and not shown the door

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #33 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:52:07 pm

not sure marra you lot kept lupton ex super league and he was shocking sunday
born and bred haven.

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:03:03 pm
I think Seymour will come good.  He did some decent stuff last year.  As others have said he isnt the most mobile but he should be able to organise us at this level and is a good distributor. 

He needs a few more games to get going and like any half a pack of forwards to pla behind.

i must have missed these few things he did well last year. He's admitted himself he didn't try last year and hasn't looked any better this year yet.

Popularsider13

Reply #35 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:08:20 pm

From talks of him playing State of Origin to admitting he took the piddle last season when you gave him a chance when his career was on its aris is totally out of order. What he's done is mugged off every fan who paid hard earned money to watch him on the park and the club officials who put faith in him, there's no excuses for that fella.

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:17:28 pm
I dont know if he said what he is alleged to have said,  but if so it wasnt the smartest move.

I suspect a large part of Seymours problem is motivation.  He is playing at a far lower level and in more mudane surroundings.  That isnt an excuse mind but i supsect that is where the issue lies with the fitness side of things.

I do think he did ok for us last season. Certainly not what you would expect from a player who had 150 plus NRL games for Brisbane Cronulla and Aukland but ok.  The hope is he can show a little bit more this season. 

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:22:53 pm

Shocking enough to put in a nice 40-20 kick... :D

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #38 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:24:34 pm

1 40-20 world beater   :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline rugbysupporter2015

• Academy Signing
Reply #39 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:33:43 pm

More then yours

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #40 on: 27 Jan 2015, 02:45:45 pm
Both supposed to be super player's but neither are showing it. To big and not mobile enough for me. With that wind last Sunday and we seen 1 decent kick is shocking really.

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 27 Jan 2015, 03:20:38 pm

It's more than your NRL superstar did!!!  :D :D :D

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #42 on: 27 Jan 2015, 03:24:21 pm

It's more than your NRL superstar did!!!  :D :D :D

like been said both were poor on the day.
born and bred haven.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #43 on: 27 Jan 2015, 05:05:17 pm
Stick him in at prop for a game  I'm sure his half back play will improve

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 27 Jan 2015, 06:31:27 pm
Dear KTS, not being a fan of this idea that players can play in seventeen different positions I think you might be onto something.  Stick him in open side second row [do we still have them] tell him to take every other ball down the middle and he might just realise the errors of his ways - and put his undoubted talent to its proper use - good idea. half serious.