HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

DR with Widnes

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:11:43 pm
What is happening with the Saints link-up that the BoD said was in place?
think we lost that when dave woods left he had contacts at the time through nathan brown.
Funny thing is its only a matter of time before the town faithful call us haven vikings lol after all we called them you cant blame them

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #16 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:11:50 pm
Hoped we had moved away from DR and concentrating on loans and signing our own players,still need to sign some players as well
town did well from it last season we need to compete in this tough league.
born and bred haven.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:13:00 pm
What is happening with the Saints link-up that the BoD said was in place?
think we lost that when dave woods left he had contacts at the time through nathan brown.
Funny thing is its only a matter of time before the town faithful call us haven vikings lol after all we called them you cant blame them
dont worry spaceman let the town pie eaters.
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:15:38 pm
Hoped we had moved away from DR and concentrating on loans and signing our own players,still need to sign some players as well
theres nothing wrong with using the dual reg as long as its the same pool of players we use reguarly , town have got their best squad now for many a year but if you read their forum they,re still crying out for quality wigan players which theres nothing wrong with if they improve your team

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:27:51 pm
theres nothing wrong with using the dual reg as long as its the same pool of players we use reguarly , town have got their best squad now for many a year but if you read their forum they,re still crying out for quality wigan players which theres nothing wrong with if they improve your team
nah just a HB until the lad comes from Oz spacey. If you are going DR with widnes it will be interesting to see some of the comments on here from your fans. Plenty was said when we were DR with them.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:33:20 pm
nah just a HB until the lad comes from Oz spacey. If you are going DR with widnes it will be interesting to see some of the comments on here from your fans. Plenty was said when we were DR with them.
what did you think of your link up with widnes compared to the wigan one coz i think you finished in the same position both seasons and what did you think of declan hulme chances are we could maybe use him

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:38:34 pm
what did you think of your link up with widnes compared to the wigan one coz i think you finished in the same position both seasons and what did you think of declan hulme chances are we could maybe use him
i honestly think wigan is better but we had useful players from widnes. I don't  blame haven for seeking this link up as it's a tough league marra . however  Dare I say it but we got a bit of stick on here for it. Declan hulme would be a good player for you to bring in for this league.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:43:44 pm
i honestly think wigan is better but we had useful players from widnes. I don't  blame haven for seeking this link up as it's a tough league marra . however  Dare I say it but we got a bit of stick on here for it. Declan hulme would be a good player for you to bring in for this league.
ha you did get a bit of stick on here marra im just waiting for the outcry on your forum theres nowt yet but it wont take long

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 19 Feb 2015, 04:48:47 pm
ha you did get a bit of stick on here marra im just waiting for the outcry on your forum theres nowt yet but it wont take long
well DR certainly wasn't  or still isn't popular on this forum as most don't seem to like the concept but IMO you don't  have a choice really because of the competition  this season.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 19 Feb 2015, 05:07:48 pm
 DR who ever it is with is an awfull system and my view is we should steer clear.That hasn't changed just because we have gone DR with Widnes.The stick town  got wasn't so much  becaus they  DR'd with with Widnes or registered a full squad(which I believe is what haven have done).It was because they were calling clubs for signing up to DR and wanted to go it alone after the failure of the HKR link up ,then they all changed their views on it once it became clear they were linking up with Widnes.DR benefits SL teams more  no matter how they dress it up.No doubt one or two young locals will depart at some point due to trainjng all week and missing out to a DR player a problem I think that other clubs will have as well .We still need to sign 3 or 4 players just to have a basic squad without DR.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Popularsider13

Reply #25 on: 19 Feb 2015, 05:46:19 pm
town did well from it last season

Finally an admittance!

Offline Red Devil

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 19 Feb 2015, 06:02:26 pm
The only area we are short is props.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #27 on: 19 Feb 2015, 06:06:45 pm
town did well from it last season

Finally an admittance!
I did say did well on it marra but haven still won more games no bonus points this season though
born and bred haven.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 19 Feb 2015, 06:31:29 pm
As said above DR is a awfull system and only helps out the super league clubs. All town did at the weekend was test mossop out for wigan. Also betts said recently he was happy for his players to get game time at haven, again suiting them.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 19 Feb 2015, 06:39:23 pm
The one thing that is an oddity with DR is you rarely get a performence of the standard you would expect from a particular player.  That may be down to attitude, coming back from injury, cheesed off he's being farmed out who knows.

We have seen it ...Greenwood Town have experienced it Powell, Mossop, Dudson.  There are exceptions usually with younger players who perform better. But opposition no longer fear the worst when a team fields dual reg stars.