HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

next season

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
on: 08 Oct 2006, 08:26:08 pm
now its all over and knowing who we are up against next season,,i am 110 percent certain that it will be our year..i do think we need 2 or 3 more players and if we get them signed up and get leafa back , then all the other teams will be fearing us,i know cas will be there or there abouts, but they have lost a few players as we did last year and we if we can kick the season off to good start i can see us winning the league, and then the G.F...widnes had to do it this year really,so i cant see them coming close next year,they are losing some players and will have to rebuild,,leigh look out of it allready,the signs are there...so come on you board and coaching staff and most of all the players next year is our year,we have to do what kr have done this season,,get out of the starting blocks straight away and give us supporters what we want..and lets see a major effort from the fans next season we want big crowds to push the team on .... cant wait for next year   ITS OUR YEAR 2007 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2006, 09:50:44 pm
could not have said that any better spot on the mark

i will be there next season win or lose will you marras

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 08 Oct 2006, 10:39:45 pm
I wouldnt discount any of the teams you stated in that email. I think NL1 may be even harder next year. Widnes have the backing of a rich chairman so any players they lose will be replaced with players of a similar if not better standard. I wouldnt count on McCormack keeping his job either. Castleford have signalled their intent with the signing of Lupton and the probable resigining of Danny Brough, two players who are head and above anything in this division apart from perhaps Moran at his best. Doncaster will also be a full time club next season as they push for SL also with the backing of a rich benefactor, so far they have signed Joel Penny but expect a slew of signings before the start of next season.

The key to getting to the GF is finishing in the top2, the key to finishing in the top two is consistency. Last season we lost games to York and Rochdale which we really should have won, that coupled with the draw away to Doncaster and the home loss to Widnes left us in fourth spot with an (almost) unassailable mountain to climb. Im still sure had we finished in the top two we would have been playing against Hull KR today for the title.

Next season will be tough but with a two or three quality signings in key areas and a bit of luck of the injury front we should be in contention next October. It'll be interesting to see what happens with regard to our Kiwi contingent and David Seeds as i think its likely that next season could be their last in Whitehaven colours.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 08 Oct 2006, 10:57:50 pm
leroy has sed in the paper this will be his last year but also think it will be fats last year too think seedsy can last 2 years but we need to get some very young exsperienced players ie props or we will struggle with young lads comng from the academ until they get a bit of exsperience in nl1

havenchamps2005

Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2006, 01:21:22 am
i think fats has got 1 more season after 2007 think it wil be aaron leroy and seedys last

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2006, 05:53:48 pm
Good  thing  is  were  going  to  have  more  or  less  the  same  side  the  season  gone.  Talk  is  of  Nanyn  coming  back  which  would  be  a  big  plus  and  if  Wilkes  and  Tandy  become  available  I  would  snap  them  up  to.

As  for  the  rest  it  depends  on  what  they  do  during  pre  season.  I  can't  see  leigh  being  a  threat  and  whilst  Donny  are  going  fulltime  I've  heard  quite  a  few  of  their  players  will  remain  part-time  for  next  season.

As  for  Widnes  we  know  the  likes  of  O'connor  and  McDermott  are  retiring.  Looks  like  tandy  might  also  be  on  his  way  and  unless  Steven  Vuaghan  shells  out  more  cash  I  think  they  could  struggle  this  year.  That  leaves  Cas  again  it  depends  on  who  they  can  keep.  Pryce  has  jumped  ship  and  I'm  sure  many  will  follow.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2006, 07:04:34 pm
Lets get behind HAVEN in 2007 for moral.
2007 HAVENS year !!!  ;D ;D

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2006, 04:53:43 pm
I think us fans really need to help out in getting more new fans to the Recre next year, they whole town should be pulling together and getting behind the club! It would be fantastic if we got into SL just think what it would do for this town too! We need bigger gates tho.
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:06:47 pm
I think us fans really need to help out in getting more new fans to the Recre next year, they whole town should be pulling together and getting behind the club! It would be fantastic if we got into SL just think what it would do for this town too! We need bigger gates tho.

,the ones who should be backing the the club is copleland council . when did u last se any of the so caled leaders at a match ? you only see them for big games n then they on freebie tickets

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2006, 07:18:10 pm
Well they will soon be sniffing around for the money when we get 2 SL wont they
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2006, 08:15:23 pm
yep no doubt
haven till i die