HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

town game

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #45 on: 19 Mar 2015, 07:20:04 pm
At least our resident forum stalker jam4me has crawled back in his hole.
he's having a reet good argument with Townie123 on their forum 123 is talking sense our marra won't see sense and is accusing 123 of being an haven fan quite funny to read

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #46 on: 19 Mar 2015, 07:45:21 pm
Come on town4me give us your honest view of thing's at Town.
You might get a view of things,but I very much doubt it will be honest.

Offline RMS9

• Academy Signing
Reply #47 on: 19 Mar 2015, 10:01:05 pm
Haha I think your being a bit premature, long season ahead both teams will have their ups and downs hopefull both stay up but for me town will finish ahead of haven.....AGAIN  ;D

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #48 on: 19 Mar 2015, 10:28:22 pm
At the start of the season I would have agreed with u but I think haven will lead the way now town lost two very winnable games at home could come back and bite come end of season

Offline rugbysupporter2015

• Academy Signing
Reply #49 on: 20 Mar 2015, 09:45:30 am
We lost two very winnable games at the start of the season last year and still came back to finish above you lot!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #50 on: 20 Mar 2015, 09:53:28 am
We lost two very winnable games at the start of the season last year and still came back to finish above you lot!
but to finish above us this year you'll have to win more games than us no losing points this year ....... just saying like

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #51 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:55:26 pm
Just to correct a serious misconception.............Town were not beaten twice in four days, the referee screwed them, and anyway they didn’t have their strongest team out. And don’t forget, these were not games they had planned to win, as they would rather keep their best form and team back for more important games, such as the next two against Bradford. Just you watch what they can do when they put their mind to it, and their coach drawls to them ‘Gow ger ‘em ya Cambrian toygars’.....   

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #52 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:56:56 pm
We all know who won more game's last year. I really think vievers will not be effective this year. Think its starting to show now.

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #53 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:48:53 pm
Both clubs will be relegated unless they relise that duel reg is not the answer, dr is there to benefit super league clubs, yes we might get some decent results when quality  dr players are offered, however until both clubs build there own teams , forge there own identity  i do fear for both.

people  question  why there is no increase in gates and interest ? How can fans engage with a team when the coaches and players dont even know who is playing until 24 hours before ko.

Both clubs are losing their soul, maybe look at the Barrow model  , good local players mixed with quality out of town additions, plus a couple of overseas , worked for both clubs before so why not now !

Offline realist_2010

• Academy Star
Reply #54 on: 20 Mar 2015, 08:12:53 pm
Both clubs will be relegated unless they relise that duel reg is not the answer, dr is there to benefit super league clubs, yes we might get some decent results when quality  dr players are offered, however until both clubs build there own teams , forge there own identity  i do fear for both.

people  question  why there is no increase in gates and interest ? How can fans engage with a team when the coaches and players dont even know who is playing until 24 hours before ko.

Both clubs are losing their soul, maybe look at the Barrow model  , good local players mixed with quality out of town additions, plus a couple of overseas , worked for both clubs before so why not now !

Many of the lesser Championship teams (and I use that term in respect of a combination of location, finances, proximity and links to SL clubs etc.) are stuck between a rock and a hard place. No use of DR and relegation more likely. Use of DR , locals get fed up and as you say crowds and local interest wanes but you may survive in the League for another year, and so the cycle goes on.

Personally believe the RFL have either accidently or otherwise ended up dropping Championship teams in this no win position.

Either way I fear for the game as a whole, read Koukashes views on the state of the game, ok the guy is a relatively new kid on the block but he is no mug.

Be interesting to see what the RFL review on West Cumbria comes out with.