HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

bottom 5

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #15 on: 29 Jun 2015, 06:35:24 pm
Unless I'm mistaken we only have 3 games remaining London away Town and Dewsbury at home
Play Featherstone away last away game Saturday 25th 6pm kick off
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 05 Jul 2015, 06:43:48 pm
so with 3 games games to (4 for hunslet who play leigh at leigh on weds night) 8th place is defo in our hands with us 2 points ahead of hunslet and batley 3 ahead of town and a PD of -242

Town H
Dews H
Fev A

all very tough games and even if beaten at Fev we cant afford to concede heavy points   

batley are the biggest threat due to their better points difference -136, they have

HALIFAX   A           
HUNSLET   H           
DEWSBURY A

only hunslet at home looks winable on batleys current form

Hunslet after the leigh  game have 3 very winable games(hunslet have certainly benefited from playing donny twice already with one more to come)

Doncaster                A             
Batley Bulldogs        A                 
Workington Town              H 
but already have a PD of -292 and i can see leigh making that much worse weds night, but them taking points off batley and town could help us no end

town have 3 tough games
Haven A
London H
Hunslet A
and with a PD of -309 they would have to win at least 2 of the 3 to go above us and hunslet away last game could be their saviour 

all very much still to play for for all 4 teams, win our home games and we finish 8th simple as that :D
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2015, 06:45:38 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #17 on: 05 Jul 2015, 07:00:54 pm
After Dewsbury's good win at Fev today (albeit they were outscored 6 tries to five) 8th is the best we can finish this year. An improvement on were i thought we'd finish after the Deakin debacle.

Just hope the RFL and clubs see sense and even the distribution of funds out fairer. I am all for rewarding successful clubs, however each place should drop say £50-£75k rather than the current set-up where the gulf between payouts to the 4th and 5th place finish is huge

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 05 Jul 2015, 10:21:30 pm

It's not just about league placing its about amassing as many points as possible prior to the 8's so we only have to win a couple of games to guarantee survival.

Going 5 ahead of Town and then beating Dewsbury would almost certainly cement our place in the Championship for next season.