HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Team must start to believe!

XIII · 22 · 1767

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 20 May 2007, 07:40:36 pm
lets make no bones about it this is a three way race for the top two spot. 

For the first time this season we have edged our noses in front of "classless Cas"  by a point we have now got to fight tooth and nail to stay there.

This season is all about finsishing first or second.

Cas now have Leigh (h) in the NRC and Halifax (a) in the league two tough games and certainly on this weekends showing Halifax may well  do them at the Shay.

We have Barrow (h) NRC and Dewsbury (a) in the league on sky followed by leigh and Donny at home.

We must now approach every game as a cup final if we want to get tothe grand final. 

Lester Jacko  Maiden and Miller are coming back soon plus hopefully the board will invest in a "top up signing" to give us a bit extra for the second half of the season.  on the downside Hill and macovy are probably out for to long to get back into full fitness this season.

Its all on now we just need to make sure we do not sluip up at Rochdale Dewsbury etc we ahve thrown away a great victory at leigh by lsoing at Donny no more slip ups!

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 20 May 2007, 07:45:10 pm
mado and spencer will be back after the dewsbury games but bannister then leaves (unless we can agree something with saints wich i hope we do) jacko could be back at dewsbury. i would release ricky wright he just isnt good enough

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 20 May 2007, 08:34:28 pm
Bit harsh on wright.  he has done nothing wrong and is a valuable meber of the squad.  We ned a decent squad to cope with injuries

Monte2carlo

Reply #3 on: 20 May 2007, 09:00:52 pm
Got to say Ricky Wright had a stinker today, but we all have off days. Sice had another bad day at the office

Monte

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 20 May 2007, 09:14:59 pm
thoght ricky done well he put some big shots in!

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 20 May 2007, 09:20:37 pm
id rather have ford bannister or shaw in before wright

lowca

Reply #6 on: 20 May 2007, 09:23:16 pm

Sicey was poor again and Rudd also had a stinker.

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 20 May 2007, 10:14:11 pm
Sorry, but neither Wright or Teare would have made Halifax's bench today. I would take Trinder and Watene above them every time.

Good, honest lads who give their all but it wasn't a co-incidence that Fax got on top during the periods that Fats and Bull were off the field.

We unfortunately do not have any depth at prop at the moment and both Wright and Teare aren't quite up to the mark despite their best efforts.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007, 09:40:02 am by Dogs »

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 20 May 2007, 10:36:34 pm
If we are being hyper critical then we do lack a bit of quality at prop Jacko teare Wright are ok but probably arent going to win the grand final.  Wrench southern trinder and Watane were as a four stronger agreed.

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 20 May 2007, 10:38:52 pm
jacko and howard are good at coming on for haven wright is poor teare does a job

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 20 May 2007, 10:40:46 pm
Playin' devil's advocate here but, "Team must start to believe"......in what?
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 20 May 2007, 11:21:19 pm
That they can compete with Cas and Widnes and make the top two.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 21 May 2007, 11:04:11 am
Thought  Wright  had  a  pretty  decent game.  Teare  also.  Good  to  see  him  make  some breaks.

As  for  Watene  he  is  1  player  I  would  defo  try  and  sign.  I  stopped  till  all  the  players  had  left  and  noticed  he  was  1  of  the  last  to  leave  and  was  having  a  chat  with  a  Haven  official.  Lets  hope  he  was  slipping   a  contract  for  next season into  is  back  pocket ;D

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 21 May 2007, 12:51:25 pm
i think if flapper was fully fit which i dont think he is at the min he be one of the best props in the elague hes a forward with pace that can break the line which is very rare for a prop

can i just say did anyone notice that duffy has lost a hell of a lot of weight he looked awsome yesterday 

newton

Reply #14 on: 21 May 2007, 01:43:18 pm
i think flapper  is as fit as he will ever get . think he is a bit on the lazy side,and just dose enough to keep his spot and we really need someone who will go that extra mile.dont think hes the man to do that .thoughs please