HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Signings ?

XIII · 45 · 3665

popularsider

Reply #30 on: 18 May 2007, 11:50:38 pm
sice is a good player who we need in the team. some people have short memories correct me if im wrong was it not only 1-2 months ago everyone was going mad when he was not picked to play against town? was everyone not say why wasnt sice picked at the semi final in 2006 at widnes and how much we missed him during the season? was he not are best player in 2005?

sice needs to be in the 17 he just needs confidence calvert got his by playing first team rugby so sice should be treated no different

Monte2carlo

Reply #31 on: 18 May 2007, 11:53:01 pm
So who would you drop to make way fro Carl Sice ?

Monte

popularsider

Reply #32 on: 18 May 2007, 11:59:17 pm
why change a team who is playing well? unless there are injuried or other commitments

Monte2carlo

Reply #33 on: 19 May 2007, 12:22:08 am
I wouldn be suprised if Sice isn't in the squad against Fax, there pack is too big and old to withstand duffy, sice, smith, and rudd

Monte

havenfan in hull

Reply #34 on: 20 May 2007, 10:25:45 am
sice is one them players that after a few quiter game the last few weeks could come on today n win the game n get man of the match. he a talent for sure n we will see what happens to him when lester is fit he will need a performance b4 then

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 20 May 2007, 10:30:51 am
theres no doubting sice is a class act and i personally dont think he get enough match time,hpe he plays today
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 20 May 2007, 12:30:46 pm
If Sicey had learned to pass properly he wouldn't still be at Haven, he would have been snapped up by a SL team.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 20 May 2007, 12:35:18 pm
watch he will win the game for us today bet he has a classic lol

Monte2carlo

Reply #38 on: 20 May 2007, 12:46:33 pm
Yep,

he will probably have a blinder today LOL

Monte

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 20 May 2007, 01:27:44 pm
If Sicey had learned to pass properly he wouldn't still be at Haven, he would have been snapped up by a SL team.

He  also  wouldn't  have  scored  many  of  is  brilliant  individual  tries  that  have  won  us  alot  of  games :o

lowca

Reply #40 on: 20 May 2007, 01:34:47 pm
 Lets analyse Sicey,s performance today?

Watch how many times he gets to acting half back and how quick and accurate his passing is.

How many tackles he makes and how many yards he makes when he scoots from acting half back.

I hope he gets to acting half back as much as possible and his quality of passing is good. He
 makes lots of tackles and has the energy to scoot as well.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 20 May 2007, 02:29:25 pm
his passing isnt the best but it aint poor in any way but every player had a downside

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 20 May 2007, 05:35:09 pm
Thought  Sicey  did  OK  today. 

Scored  a  try  but  should  have  passed  to  Eilbeck  midway  through  the  2nd  half  which  would  have  led  to  a  certain  score.

For  me  maybe  lacking  in  confidence  but  he's  still  a  quality  player  and  getting  his  score  will  do  him  the  world  of  good.

lowca

Reply #43 on: 21 May 2007, 10:15:09 pm

Was Sicey playing at hooker?

He seldom went into the half back position.

Defended on the fringes he didn't make many tackles.

Let other players do his work so he could make the breaks and grab the headlines.

I think Sicey would make a good winger reason being he could come in field make the breaks
 then go back on the wing were he wouldn't have to tackle much.

popularsider

Reply #44 on: 21 May 2007, 10:54:57 pm
what do you think a hooker does he supports the forwards looking for offloads  ::) thats why he was probably letting them do the work and did you not see fletchs second try it was sice's off load wich created the try he flicked the ball out the back off his hand.
sicey also scooted alot yesterday. as for his defending he was in the middle of the field when i was watching sicey.

sicey is an awesome player i didnt see you nit picking in 2005 when he was running riot for us wonder why that was  ::)

it showed how much we need sicey last season when he was unavailable everyone wanted him back because they new he could win us games and when dr was leaving him out everyone was complaining because they no he can win us matchs. we all wanted sice to play at widnes because we know he can us matchs.

so stop nit picking and start backing the lad encourage him dont knock his confidence even more. >:( >:(