HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

what we must do to finish 2nd

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 02 Jun 2007, 01:41:29 pm
nearly at the half way point of the season and looking at our fixtures ,we have a very good chance of finishing 2nd

we must of course win all our home games and i think this is a realistic target given our home form

away we have 5 games left Cas, widnes,fax,rochdale and eagles..i would hope we could beat rochdale and the eagles
out of the three other..i think we will get beat by cas and widnes..........fax is the key game..we must  win this one, if we fail to do so then we must make sure we get a bonus point from all 3 tough away games cas,widnes,fax away (3 points as good a one win)

i think this will keep us in 2nd place

lets hope there is no repeat of last years slip up at york
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2007, 01:43:12 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 02 Jun 2007, 07:33:45 pm
To late my friend Doncaster :'(  We should have had that one in the bag. Anyway hope your right. I think we will finish 3rd myself but like you say if we grab them bonus points who knows. Think I might like these bonus points after all.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #2 on: 02 Jun 2007, 11:01:00 pm
Why do you not think we will finish 1st ?
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

havenfan in hull

Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2007, 11:02:36 pm
here here haven for 1st not second

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2007, 11:40:50 pm
I would hope that we could finish first, but I think Widnes is the class act this season. Don't think we will beat them home or away, unless we play the best rugby we possibly can this season, and we have no injuries, and the ref is on our side. As for Castleford I don't think they are the force they were made out to be. But I just have the feeling we will come third. Finish on the same points as the Tigers but they will have the higher score tally.
But eh I hope the hell I am wrong!
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2007, 12:26:43 am by WHITEHAVENHERO »

havenfan in hull

Reply #5 on: 02 Jun 2007, 11:48:56 pm
i hope ur wrong 2 mate lol. agree that cas not quite the force that they where made out to be an widnes good by if we can pick up the bonus points against them n do them at home i think it could be pos that we nick 1st spot at end of season